Mar 20, 2017
- URI - LHP Jake Walker
- SHU - LHP Franklin Miller
Sacred Heart (5-13)
- Tuesday's game between the Rams and the Pioneers was originally scheduled to be played at Sacred Heart, but was relocated to Kingston due to unplayable field condition at Harbor Yard.
- SHU comes to URI looking to snap an eight-game losing streak, which most recently included three straight losses to Rhody's Atlantic 10 rival Fordham.
- Ted Shaw leads Sacred Heart with a .286 average, 20 hits, 10 runs scored and four stolen bases.
- Just behind him is Keith Klebart, who is hitting .284 with a team-best 12 RBI.
- Elija Brown has the team's best on-base percentage at .397. He leads the club in walks, with 16. Klebart and Alex Perry have the next most with seven each.
- Lefty Franklin Miller is scheduled to get the start on the hill. He enters the game with an 0-1 record and an 18.00 ERA over four appearances, totaling 2.0 innings. Opponents are hitting an even .300 off of him.
Rhode Island (6-10)
- The Tuesday afternoon matchup will be the first home game of the season for the Rams.
- Most recently, Rhody dropped a pair of games at William & Mary (11-2 and 7-3).
- Chris Hess leads the Rams with a .354 average, 23 hits and nine runs scored.
- Jordan Powell is hitting .351 with 20 hits and five runs scored.
- Mike Corin has belted a team-best four home runs so far this season and boasts a team-leading .518 slugging percentage.
- Jake Walker will have the ball for the Rams. He enters the game with a 5.23 ERA and a .263 opposing average over 10.1 innings pitched.