Rhode Island Lineup
White (CF), Heiss (SS), Coutts (DH), Cristino (C), Vargas (1B), Brodeur (2B), Cavaliere (LF), Coley (RF), McManus (3B), Jangols (P)
Boston College Lineup
Galland (LF), Dempsey (SS), Alu (3B), Cunningham (RF), Martellini (C), Morrissette (2B), Jiminez (1B), Suozzi (CF), Saltman (DH), Walsh (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island suffered is fourth shutout loss of the season, falling 4-0 at Boston College Tuesday afternoon. The Rams stranded nine baserunners on the afternoon.
URI also committed three errors in the loss, and the Eagles capitalized each time, scoring a run in each of the three innings Rhody committed an error (second, fourth, and sixth innings). BC also plated a single run in the fifth inning.
Inside the Box Score
- Sophomore Austin White reached base three times on a single and a pair of walks.
- Redshirt sophomore Josh Brodeur also drew a pair of walks for the Rams.
- Freshman John Cristino hit his team-leading sixth double of the season and stole the first base of his career. He also reached base once via walk.
- Junior Vitaly Jangols was charged with the loss, giving up three runs (two earned) on five hits over five innings. He also recorded three strikeouts and issued no walks.
- Redshirt freshman Justin Cherry threw two innings of no-hit relief while freshman Bo Brutti tossed a 1-2-3 eighth.
The Rams return to action on Wednesday night when they host Holy Cross at 3:30 p.m.