Mar 19, 2017
- After two rounds of play, Rhode Island is in third place, 33 over at 609 (305-304).
- Kent State leads the field through the first 36 holes, combining for a 4-under 572. Also ahead of URI is Richmond, by just one stroke (+32)
- Four strokes behind the Rams, in fourth place, is North Carolina with a 612 (+36). Cleveland State and Davidson are tied for fifth with a 37-over 613.
- Senior Billy Walthouse carded a 1-under 71 in the first round, finishing one stroke off the lead. With a second-round 77, he will enter Monday's final round tied for ninth place with a combined score of 148 (+4).
- Sophomore Dawson Jones carded 75s in both rounds, ending the day tied for 16th overall with a 6-over 150.
- Grad student Chris Houston combined for a 153 (+9), shooting a 79 the first time through and carding a 74 in the afternoon.
- Redshirt freshman Jason Short knocked three strokes off his opening round 81, recording a 78 in the second round. He will enter Monday tied for 49th overall at 159 (+15).
- Senior Eric Marchetti is in 74th place after two rounds, shooting 80-89=169 (+17).
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- Today was simply a test of our competitiveness.
- The temperature never got above 45 degrees and the winds were howling.
- Our top-3 carried the day as they have all season.
- We need a very, very good day tomorrow to hold our position and possibly move up.
The Rams close out competition at the Seahawks Invitational on Monday morning.