Brown Springtime Open
Brown University - Providence, R.I.
The Rhode Island men's track & field squad took part in the Brown Springtime Open on Sunday, Apr. 30. The meet was non-team scoring.
- Junior Nigel Riley took first in the long jump with a personal-best 6.98 meters (22' 11"). Freshman Childress Cannon finished fourth (21' 11.75"), Abdul-Lateef Orulebaja fifth (21' 11.5") and Michael DiMambro seventh (20' 11.75").
- Junior Anthony McQueen won the 400-meter hurdles in 56.62 seconds.
- Freshman Eric Wicks won the high jump with a height of 2.03 meters (6' 8").
- Redshirt freshman Gregory McManus won the javelin with a throw of 58.50 meters (191' 11"). Senior Michael DiMambro finished fifth (148' 10").
- Nigel Riley (47' 0.25") and Abdul-Lateef Orulebaja (44' 10.25") finished second and third, respectively, in the triple jump.
- Junior Jaleel Felton finished second in the 400-meter dash with a time of 49.43 seconds. Freshman Yeury Galva took fifth (50.50 seconds) and senior Alexander McGrainer took ninth (51.48 seconds).
- Galva placed also second in the 200-meter dash in 22.00 seconds. Senior DeAngelo Berry finished fourth in 22.04 seconds.
- Berry also finished fifth in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.09 seconds. Childress Cannon took sixth (11.11 seconds).
- Freshman Peyton McAllister captured bronze in the pole vault in 4.40 meters (14' 5.25").
- Junior Darrik Muroski finished fourth in the discus (143' 3") and fifth in the shot put (50' 0.5").
- Junior Adam Thies took fifth in the 5000-meter in 15:40.64.
- Sophomore Olusegun Vadis finished fifth in the hammer (171' 10") and seventh in the discus (130' 0").
- Junior Ahmaad Randall finished sixth in the discus with a distance of 40.97 meters (134' 5").
- Senior Charlie McLaughlin and freshman Troy Stegman finished eighth-ninth in the 800-meter with times of 2:01.66 and 2:01.33, respectively.
- Freshman Max Dickens took eighth in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 16.32 seconds.
- Sophomore Nicholas White finished eighth in the shot put (45' 9.25").
The Rams start their outdoor championship season with the Atlantic 10 Championship on Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7. Both days are scheduled to begin at 9 a.m.