Feb 10, 2018
Highlights from the Track
- Samuel Coleman placed first in the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.02 seconds. Nigel Riley finished third in 7.10 seconds.
- Rhode Island swept the first four places of the 200 meter dash. Anthony Delasanta placed first in 22.52 seconds, John Stallworth was second (22.53 seconds), Joseph Carter was third (22.68 seconds) and Jaleel Felton was fourth (22.80 seconds).
- The Rams also took the first three places in the 400 meter dash. Marlon Montague placed first (49.64 seconds), Max Dickens was second (49.83 seconds) and Jaleel Felton was third (50.33 seconds).
- Sam Coppola placed first in the 800 meter run with a time of 1:55.58.
- Timothy Slack finished second in the 1000 meter run, clocking in at 2:34:33. Joe Maguire ran it in 2:36:35, good for third.
- In the high jump, Jacob Reilly was first with a mark of 6' 7.5" and Eric Wicks was second at 6' 5.5".
- Ryan Wilkes placed first in the pole vault, clearing 16' 6".
- Abdul-Lateef Orulebaja placed first in the triple jump (46' 11").
- Darrik Muroski and Ryan Roger finished second and third in the shot put, marking 51' 5" and 50' 10", respectively.
- Rhode Island took the 1-2-3 in the weight throw, with Brandon Amo leading the Rams in first with a throw of 58' 2.5". Mahlik Handley finished second (56' 11.25") and Olusegun Vadis finished third (55' .75").
- Prior to the start of the meet, the Rams held a brief ceremony to honor their 23 seniors: Brandon Amo, Casey Burley, Joseph Carter, Nick Danner, Jaleel Felton, Alec Font, Adam Franklin, Matthew Gibson, Mahlik Handley, Nigel Hill, Ondrej Honka, John Kahrs, Joseph Mattson, Charlie McLaughlin, Anthony McQueen, Marlon Montague, Darrick Muroski, Abdul-Lateef Orulebaja, Jacob Reilly, Nigel Riley, John Stallworth, William Thibault and Olusegun Vadis.
The Rams return to action at next weekend's Atlantic 10 Championship. The two-day meet - taking place at URI's Mackal Fieldhouse - is set to begin at 9 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.