Holy Cross Classic
College of Holy Cross - Worcester, Mass.
WORCESTER, Mass. -- Rhode Island men's track and field dominated the competition at the Holy Cross Classic Tuesday afternoon. The Rams won all but four events of the meet, including 15 of the 17 events they were entered in.
Highlights from the Track
- Joseph Carter won the 200 meter dash with a time of 21.93 seconds. Jaleel Felton placed second in 22.18 seconds.
- Carter also won the 100 meter dash in 10.88 seconds. Felton was third in 11.02 seconds.
- Jack Kahrs won the high jump after clearing 2.15 meters.
- The Rams took the 1-2-3 in the 400 meter dash, as Nigel Hill placed first (46.86 seconds), Marlon Montague was second (47.78 seconds) and Anthony Delasanta finished third (48.06 seconds).
- Nathan Coogan won the 800 meters in 1:53.44. Shawn Carlson placed second with a time of 1:54.22.
- Rock Fortna won the 1500 meters, clocking in at 3:55.04.
- Rhody also took the 1-2-3 in the 110 meter hurdles. Adam Franklin placed first (14.594 seconds), John Stallworth finished second (14.598 seconds), and Callan Davies was third (14.83 seconds).
- Franklin won the 400 meter hurdles (51.82 seconds) and Davies finished second (54.74 seconds).
- Rhode Island won both the 4x100 (40.98 seconds) and 4x400 meter (3:18.11) relays.
- Ryan Wilkes placed first in the pole vault (4.85 meters) and Ondrej Honka finished second (4.70 meters).
- Derek Jacobs won the discus after throwing 49.13 meters.
- Brandon Amo placed first in the hammer throw with a mark of 58.74 meters.
- Nick Danner won the javelin with a throw of 58.96 meters.
- Nigel Riley finished third in the triple jump with a mark of 13.89 meters.
The Rams return to competition this weeked as they head to the Penn Relays on Friday, April 27.