Melendez, Wallack, Cloutier, Thomas, Gaspar
Jones, Theirolf, Mershon, Wootton, Creighton
Points: Straumann (11)
Rebounds: Cloutier (6)
Assists: Gaspar (3)
Steals: Thomas (2)
Blocked Shots: Tabakman (1), Cloutier (1)
Minutes Played: Melendez (33)
Points: Wootton (16)
Rebounds: Johnson-Allen (5)
Assists: Wootton (3), Reddick (3)
Steals: Johnson-Allen (4)
Blocked Shots: Jones (2)
Minutes Played: Wootton (37)
Inside the Box Score:
- With the loss, Rhody drops to 2-5 while Drexel improves to 5-2.
- The Dragons led for the entire game. Rhody cut its deficit to four (24-20) in the final minutes of the first half but could not get any closer. Drexel pushed its advantage to double digits early in the second half and led by 10-or-more the rest of the way
- The Rams shot a season-high 44.4% (16-36) from the field. Rhody also connected on 4-of-9 attempts from long range, its most threes in a single game so far this year.
- URI held a 24-20 rebounding advantage, but committed 20 turnovers - which led directly to 11 Drexel points.
- The Dragons got to the free throw line 24 times and netted 18 attempts. Rhody was 7-of-10 from the line.
- Sophomore Megan Straumann registered a team-best 11 points while junior Emilie Cloutier grabbed a game-high six rebounds.
- Taylor Wootton netted a game-high 16 points for Drexel. Meghan Creighton and Renee Johnson-Allen also finished in double figures with 13 and 11 points, respectively.
Rhode Island returns to Vermont's Patrick Gym to take on Houston Baptist at 2 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.