Melendez, Bullard, Thomas, Gaspar, Johnson
Schippers, McDivitt, Douglas, McClung, Raker
Points: Melendez (13)
Rebounds: Melendez, Bullard (6)
Assists: Bullard (2)
Steals: Melendez, Johnson, Gaspar, Whittaker (1)
Blocked Shots: Gaspar, Melendez, Cloutier (1)
Minutes Played: Bullard (35)
Points: McClung (19)
Rebounds: Stratman (9)
Assists: Murry (6)
Steals: McClung (4)
Blocked Shots: Stratman (2)
Minutes Played: McClung, Douglas (32)
Inside the Box Score:
- With the loss, Rhode Island drops to 5-17 (0-7) while Butler improves to 14-8 (5-2).
- Rhode Island finished the game 43 percent from the field (15-35) but committed a season-high 28 turnovers, which led directly to 26 Butler points.
- Butler also recorded 11 steals and 14 assists, while forcing the Rams into five shot clock violations. Rhody finished with just four steals and five assists on the night.
- The teams were even on the glass, grabbing 29 rebounds each.
- Freshman Tayra Melendez led the Rams in scoring - for the fifth time in the last six games - as she netted 13 points.
- Freshman Symone Bullard registered career-highs in points (10), rebounds (6) and minutes played (35).
- Freshman Samantha Tabakman returned to the Rhode Island lineup after missing the last eight games with an injury. She recorded two rebounds in 14 minutes on the floor.
- Daress McClung led Butler with a game-high 19 points. Liz Stratman and Hannah Douglas also scored in double figures with 12 and 11 points, respectively.
The Rams return to the Ryan Center on Sunday, Feb. 10, when they face Massachusetts at 2 p.m.