Nov 12, 2017
RHODE ISLAND VS. MINNESOTA- SERIES NOTES
- Monday's game will be the second time meeting between the two schools.
- Rhode Island fell to Minnesota, 90-78, in the first contest on Dec. 1, 1979 during the Montclair State Tournament in Montclair, N.J.
- The Golden Gophers are coming to Kingston after defeating Lehigh 107-73 in their season opener this past Saturday.
- Minnesota's Gadiva Hubbard and Carlie Wagner each contributed 22 points in the victory.
- Head coach Marlene Stollings enters her fourth season with the Golden Gophers in 2017-18. Before Minnesota, Stollings spent two years as the head coach for fellow Atlantic 10 member VCU.
LAST TIME OUT - RAMS CRUISE PAST UMASS LOWELL IN 2017-18 OPENER
- Rhode Island defeated UMass Lowell 81-64 in their season opener on Friday, Nov. 10.
- The Rams had four players score in double figures- three of which making their Rhody debut.
- Redshirt-sophomore Elemy Colome led all scorers with 19 points. The James Madison transfer - who sat out last season due to NCAA rules - added nine assists, five steals, and four rebounds in the win.
- The nine assists by Colome were the most by a Ram since Charise Wilson dished out 10 in the season opener at Syracuse on Nov. 11 of last year.
- Freshmen Abby Streeter (17), Marta Vargas (12), Meghan Oberg (5), Gabrielle Green (3), and Maia Moffitt (2) combined for 39 points in their first time suiting up for Rhode Island.
- Freshman walk-on Kasey Gagan also saw playing time for Rhody.
- Sophomore Nicole Jorgensen added 15 points and seven rebounds for the Rams.