Dec 05, 2017
- Wednesday's game will be the fifth meeting all-time between the two schools.
- The Rams are undefeated facing the Redfoxes, holding a 4-0 advantage in the series.
- In the last meeting, Rhode Island defeated Marist 82-61 on Nov. 13, 2016 in Kingston, R.I.
- The Redfoxes are 1-7 so far in the season, most recently falling 60-51 to Dartmouth on Dec. 2.
- Sophmore Rebekah Hand leads Marist with an average of 15.9 points per game.
- The game will be streamed on ESPN3.
LAST TIME OUT - RAMS FALL TO PROVIDENCE IN OCEAN STATE TIP-OFF CONSOLATION GAME
- Rhode Island could not get on track offensively as it lost 65-41 to Providence in the consolation game of the Ocean State Tip-Off on Dec. 3.
- Sophomore Nicole Jorgensen led Rhode Island with 14 points. No other player had more than five points.
- Redshirt junior Laura Perez made her first career start. She had three points and three rebounds.
- Sophomore Ednaija Lassiter had a team-high six rebounds. She added a career-best three blocked shots.
- Rhode Island was 4-of-15 from 3-point range in the first half and finished 7-of-27 from the arc.
- The teams combined to attempt just five free throws. Providence was 1-for-3 at the line. Rhode Island's first free throws of the game came at 6:21 of the fourth quarter, when Nicole Jorgensen hit two from the line.
- Providence scored 25 points off of 21 Rhode Island turnovers.
- The Friars had nine steals, compared to none for the Rams.
MOTRECHUK APPROACHING CAREER BLOCKS RECORD
- Junior Dina Motrechuk is currently fifth in Rhode Island history with 85 career blocks.
- She needs 174 to catch Naomi Graves (1978-82), who ranks first all-time with 259.
- She made a season-high five blocks against Bryant on Dec. 2.
- Motrechuk led the Atlantic 10 last season with 2.5 blocks per game and 68 total.
- The 68 blocked shots also ranked third on URI's single-season list.
- She matched the program's single-game record (6) three times last year - against Bryant (Dec. 4), Dartmouth (Dec. 18) and Massachusetts (Feb. 22).
- She has blocked eight shots so far in the 2017-18 season.
JORGENSEN COMES UP BIG
- Sophomore Nicole Jorgensen returned for the Rams in the games against Bryant and Providence after missing the previous four games due to injury.
- She had 19 points, 10 rebounds, two assists, and one block in the two contests.
- The Quincy, Mass. native opened the season against UMass Lowell in dynamic fashion, scoring 15 points and grabbing seven rebounds.
- Jorgensen finished the 2016-17 season earning the final back-to-back Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week honors.
- In her final three games of the regular season, she averaged 17.3 points, 8.0 rebounds and 3.7 blocks per contest.
- Jorgensen posted four double-doubles as a freshman - at Toledo on Nov. 15 (18p/10r), against Richmond on Jan. 14 (16p/14r), against La Salle on Feb. 1 (20p/13r) and against UMass on Feb. 22 (17p/10r).