Jan 06, 2018
RHODE ISLAND VS. DAVIDSON - SERIES NOTES
- Sunday will be the sixth all-time meeting between Rhode Island and Davidson.
- Rhody holds a 4-1 advantage in the series between the schools.
- In the last meeting, Rhode Island fell to Davidson 74-64 on Feb. 11, 2017 in Davidson, N.C.
- The last Rhody win came on Jan. 23, 2016 when the Rams defeated the Wildcats 78-62 in The Ryan Center.
- Last time out, Davidson fell to Duquesne 79-54 on Jan. 4.
- Davidson is led by junior Justine Lyon who is averaging 15.8 points per game. Dating back to last season, Lyon has scored in double digits in 35 of her last 38 games.
LAST TIME OUT - RAMS SUFFER 116-58 LOSS AT DAYTON
- Dayton's Jayla Scaife poured in a program-record 35 points leading the Flyers to a 116-58 victory over Rhode Island Thursday night.
- Two 3-pointers from Abby Streeter at 7:45 put Rhody up 6-4, but a 8-0 run by the Flyers gave Dayton a steady lead.
- Back-to-back buckets by Marta Vargas cut the Dayton lead to 14-13 with 3:42 remaining in the period.
- However a 16-5 run put the Flyers up 30-18 after the first quarter.
- Dayton extended its lead in the second, sinking eight 3-pointers to go into the break up 64-29.
- The Flyers dominated the rest of the way as they cruised their way to the program-record 116 point victory.
- Sophomore Nicole Jorgensen led the Rams with 14 points, seven rebounds, and two assists.
- Freshman Marta Vargas added 13 points, three rebounds, and three assist in 23 minutes off the bench.
- Freshman Abby Streeter scored 11 points, going 3-of-5 from the 3-point line.
- The Flyers scored 18 points off of 17 Rhody turnovers.
- Rhode Island's bench outscored Dayton's 30-9. The Flyers dressed just seven players for the game.
- Dayton held the advantage in points in the paint, scoring 32 to Rhode Island's 28.
JORGENSEN FOURTH IN A-10 FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE
- Rhode Island's leading scorer Nicole Jorgensen ranks fourth in the conference with a 52.1 field goal percentage.
- The sophomore averages 11.2 points per game. She also leads the Rams in rebounds - averaging 6.7 boards per contest.
- The Quincy, Mass. native recorded her fifth career double-double at Penn on Dec. 22 (12p/11r).