Nov 17, 2018
RHODE ISLAND VS. VERMONT - SERIES NOTES
- Sunday's game will be the 20th meeting between the two schools.
- Vermont holds the advantage in the all-time series, 12-7.
- The last meeting was Dec. 14, 2013 where the Rams took the 63-50 victory at the Ryan Center.
- The first time the Rams played the Catamounts was in the 1975-76 season and lost 71-65 in Burlington, Vt.
- Vermont enters the game 2-1 on the season, most recently defeating Norwich 78-28.
- Junior Hanna Crymble leads the Catamounts with 10.3 points per game.
- Crymbal, a co-captain, was named to the America East Preseason All-Conference team.
- UVM was picked to finish sixth in the America East preseason conference poll.
DALE DEBUTS FOR RHODE ISLAND
- Rhode Island junior Davida Dale made her Rhode Island debut in the season opener against Boston College.
- A transfer from Syracuse, Dale is a native of Providence, R.I. and is the second leading scorer for the Rams.
- Dale is averaging nearly a double-double with 10.0 points per game and 7.5 rebounds per game.
COLOME TAKES THE LEAD
- Rhode Island redshirt junior Elemy Colome is the current leading scorer for Rhode Island, averaging 18.0 points through the first two games of the 2018-19 season.
- She's been the leading scorer for Rhody for back-to-back contests, scoring 18 at Robert Morris and 19 against Boston College.
- In the Rams 46-41 win at Robert Morris, Colome scored 10 of Rhody's 12 points down the stretch to seal the victory.
- The 18.0 points per game for the Lawrence, Mass. native ranks third in the Atlantic 10.
LAST TIME OUT: RAMS FIGHT FOR 46-41 WIN AT ROBERT MORRIS
- Rhode Island earned its first win of the season in a 46-41 victory over Robert Morris on Tuesday, Nov. 13.
- The Rams got off to a hot 7-0 start in the first quarter, but the Colonials answered with a 12-2 run to end the period ahead 12-9.
- Rhode Island was able to tie it 17-17 thanks to a 8-5 run capped by a Elemy Colome layup, but Robert Morris took back the lead just before half, going into the break up 19-17.
- Rhody scored the first seven points of the third quarter to get on top 24-19, but the Colonials would not let up, going on a 8-3 run of their own to tie the score at 27-27 with 4:48 left in the period.
- Robert Morris ended the third quarter scoring five unanswered points to head into the final period up 32-27.
- The Colonials pushed the lead to as many as eight points (35-27) in the fourth, but the Rams used a 7-0 run with points from Jalissa Ross, Colome, and Davida Dale to cut the Robert Morris lead to one (35-34).
- From there it was all the Rams, as Colome scored 10 of the Rams final 12 points down the stretch and Rhode Island was able to nail down the victory, 46-41.
- Redshirt junior Elemy Colome had a game-best 17 points. She added six rebounds, two steals and one assist.
- Junior Davida Dale nearly had a double-double, scoring nine points and grabbing nine rebounds. She added five assists and two steals in 25 minutes.
- Junior Nicole Jorgensen had seven points, seven rebounds, two steals and two blocks.
- Senior Jalissa Ross added five points and five rebounds with two assists and one steal.
- Senior Dina Motrechuk had three rebounds, two steals and two blocks.
- Rhode Island held the advantage in points in the paint (22-8), second chance points (11-8) and fast-break points (11-1).
- Rhody held a slight edge in rebounds, 42-37.
- The win snapped an 11-game losing streak for the Rams, dating back to January of last season.