Dec 27, 2018
RHODE ISLAND VS. HARVARD - SERIES NOTES
- The Rams are looking to snap a four-game losing streak Friday against Harvard.
- Friday's matchup will be the 17th meeting all-time.
- The teams last met on Nov. 21, 2015 at the Ryan Center. The Rams claimed a 56-52 victory.
- Current Harvard assistant coach Megan Straumann was on the Rhode Island roster from 2011-15.
- A two-year team captain, Straumann is ranked fifth all-time in career three-point field goal percentage (.358). Current Ram Abby Streeter's .353 career average is good for seventh in program history.
- The Crimson enter the game after snapping a three-game losing streak with a win over Boston University on Dec. 21.
- This will be Harvard's first road game in the month of December.
- The Crimson's sophomore forward Jadyn Bush is currently 21st in the nation in double-doubles, posting six through 11 games.
GAME VS. HARVARD TO BE GIRL SCOUT DAY
- Rhody Women's Basketball will be hosting Girl Scout Day featuring a free post-game clinic after Friday's matchup against Harvard.
- Girl Scouts that have achieved their fair play badge are also invited to participate in our halftime ceremony.
- Troops can purchase their discounted tickets at the Ryan Center box office or online at gorhody.com.
- For interested participlants please email Mary Ginsbach.
JORGENSEN APPROACHING CAREER REBOUNDING MILESTONE
- Rhode Island junior Nicole Jorgensen has 437 career rebounds, just 63 boards away from 500 on her career.
- She needs 176 rebounds to crack the top 10.
- As a sophomore, the Quincy, Mass. native had 204 rebounds. She has 83 through 11 games this season.
- Jorgensen leads the Rams and is second in the Atlantic 10 averaging 7.5 boards per game. Only Davidson's Sarah Donovan is ahead of her with 8.6 rebounds per contest.