How It Happened:
In the second half Rhody added to the lead with an unassisted goal by Lucy Gildein to extend the lead to 2-0.
Chelsea Broghamer started and stayed in goal for the entire game. She earned her first shutout of the season and improved her record to 3-5-0.
Inside the Box Score:
- With the win, Rhode Island improves to 6-12-0 (1-7-0 A-10), while Duquesne drops to 6-8-2 (4-5-1 A-10) overall.
- Rhode Island held a 12-9 advantage in total shots, including a 6-3 edge in shots on goal.
- Duquesne out-cornered the Rams, 5-3.
- The Dukes also committed six fouls to Rhody's five.
- Broghamer earned the first Rhody shutout that wasn't a combined shutout.
- Rhode Island is now 9-3-3 all time against Duquesne and 3-0-0 under head coach Michael Needham.
- The win improved URI's record to 4-5-0 at home this season.
- Gildein's goal was her third of the season and she finishes with five total goals in her Rhode Island career.
- Stanton's goal was her second on the year and she will finish the year with four career goals.
- The shutout was the fourth of Broghamer's career.
- This game closed out the season for the women's soccer team.