Starters: Ligaman (GK), Wakeford, Reynolds, Sengphilom, Lieberman, Goncalves, Brodeur, Cummings, Osmanski, Cabral, Nardella
Substitutions: Mencos, Mayo, Ross, Ludviksdottir, Gylfadottir
Starters: Niehaus (GK), Klug, Ream, Pokorny, Reimer, Seitzer, Halverson, Lavalle, Petit, Sands, Palazzolo
Substitutions: Farley, Tondl, Nixon, Bond, Copeland, Cox, Peterson
5:33 - SLU - Klug (Reimer)
39:46 - SLU - Petit (penalty kick)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (3-12-0, 0-7-0 A-10) fell to Saint Louis 2-0 Thursday night.
The Billikens went up 1-0 early, with Alli Klug sending a shot past freshman goal keeper Montana Ligman off a corner kick in the fifth minute of play. Courtney Reimer was credited with the assist.
Saint Louis scored once more before the break, finding the back of the net on a penalty kick from Olivia Petit.
Ligman made five saves in the second half of play, stopping Saint Louis from striking again. However the Rams could not get through the strong Billiken defense, taking the loss of 2-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman goalkeeper Montana Ligman made her Rhody debut in the net. She had eight saves on the night while her counterpart, Mary Niehaus, grabbed five.
- Junior Emily Wakeford had three shots, one of which was on the frame. Senior Jennifer Mencos, sophomore Allyson Reynolds, and freshman Brooke Osmanski each added two shots in the match.
- As a team, Saint Louis outshot Rhode Island, 14-10.
- Corner kicks were even at 2-2.
- Rhode Island was called for eight fouls, while Saint Louis had three.
The Rams travel to St. Joseph's on Sunday, Oct. 15. Game time is set for 1 p.m.