RHODE ISLAND (0-6)
Starters: Brennan (GK), Waldron, Haggerty, Bike, Bentick, Osmanski, Mayo, Schafer, Sengphilom, Goncalves, Brodeur
Substitutes: D'Anna, Wakeford, Robbins, Reilly, Ludviksdottir
CENTRAL CONNECTICUT (4-1-1)
Starters: Cavanaugh (GK), Carr, Alterisio, Ruddy, Tachibana, Pearse, Hogan, Williams, Maurer, Bardes
Substitutes: Atkinson, O'Rourke, McLaughlin, Jackson, Russell, Lawler, Chase, Kochin, Covello
25:40 - CCSU - Tachibana
How it Happened
Rhode Island lost to Central Connecticut on a first-half goal that could not be answered Thursday night.
The Blue Devils got on the board at 25:40 when Shauny Alterisio crossed the ball to find Yo Tachibana inside the box. Tachibana ripped a shot, which was saved by goalkeeper Haley Brennan but she was able to connect off the rebound.
Rhody could only get one shot in the second half of play and Central held onto the lead for the rest of the game to settle the result.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Haley Brennan made her return in goal after missing three games due to injury. She and her counterpart Ashley Cavanaugh both had three saves.
- Seniors Madison Waldron and Kelly Mayo were joined by sophomore Brooke Osmanski for one shot on goal a piece.
- The Blue Devils held the advantage in shots, 9-4.
- Junior Jess Robbins made her first career appearance for Rhode Island.
- Emily Wakeford made her season debut after missing the first five games of the season due to injury. The senior started in all 17 games last season.
The Rams will continue their road trip, as they travel to face Albany on Sunday, Sept. 9. Game time is set for 1 p.m.