RHODE ISLAND (0-13-1, 0-5-1 A-10)
Starters: Brennan (GK), D'Anna, Haggerty, Bike, Elworthy, Bentick, Osmanski, Schafer, Sengphilom, Goncalves, Brodeur
Substitutes: Freeman (GK), Robbins, Ludviksdottir, Pignatelli, Mandarini, Cabral
LA SALLE (8-4-1, 3-3-0 A-10)
Starters: Jenkins (GK), DeBerardinis, Robinson, Soriano, Shanahan, Lewis, Krisch-Downs, O'Brien, Pyne, Cox, Wilkinson
Substitutes: Lockets, Van Heurck, Bower, Gonsiewski, Flores, Rufe
31:48 - LAS - Bower (O'Brien)
36:33 - LAS - O'Brien (Bower)
42:57 - LAS - O'Brien (Rufe)
56:04 - LAS - Shanahan (unassisted)
68:23 - URI - Goncalves (unassisted)
How it Happened
La Salle dominated offensively as the Rams fell 4-1 to the Explorers on Sunday.
La Salle struck first behind a goal by Madison Bower in the 31st minute. Bower had a one-touch shot from Molly O'Brien just inside the box. Bower returned the favor less than five minutes later when she dished a shot to O'Brien who found the back of the net. O'Brien scored again in the 42nd minute when a pass from Julia Rufe was able to sneak in just past goalkeeper Haley Brennan. The Rams were down 3-0 going into the half.
Sophomore Julia Freeman started the second half for Rhody, but Jess Shanahan added to the Explorers advantage when she had a shot from just outside the left side of the box.
Junior Jaileen Goncalves recorded her first career goal in the 68th minute, finding the back of the net off a rebound that was initially blocked by a defender. However the goal was not enough as time ran out and the Rams took the eventual loss.
Inside the Box Score
- Junior Jaileen Goncalves tallied the first goal of her career. She added one shot.
- Freshman Amanda Schafer had two shots.
- Redshirt sophomore Jess Robbins had a career-high two shots, both of which were on goal.
- Senior Michaela Brodeur, sophomore Brooke Osmanski, and freshmen Rebecca D'Anna and Tory Bike each had one shot for the Rams.
- Senior goalkeeper Haley Brennan started in goal for Rhody. She had three saves. Sophomore Julia Freeman also had three saves in the second half.
- La Salle outshot the Rams 24-9. The Explorers also had the advantage in corner kicks, 6-3.
The Rams return home to face St. Bonaventure on Oct. 11. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m.