How It Happened
Rhode Island took on 35th-ranked Tulane in New Orleans on Saturday afternoon and came up short, 4-0.
The Rams dropped the doubles point at the #1 and 3 positions, while the #2 doubles match was stopped short at 5-2 in favor of Tulane.
In singles play, the #2, 3, 4 and 6 positions for Rhode Island fell in straight sets. The final two singles points were ended early, highlighted by Tiara Higuchi in the #5 position, who was in the middle of a 5-5 tiebreaker in the first set with Elena Muller when play was halted.
1. Naz Karagaz/Elena Muller (TU) def. Rachel Smilansky/Ariel Haber (URI) 6-1
2. Tiara Higuchi/Mihaela Codreanu (URI) vs. Sade Atkinson/Ivone Alvaro (TU) 5-2 (NR)
3. Christina Sisti/Kyla Klier (TU) def. Emily Zargham/Nicole Legler (URI) 6-2
1. Mihaela Codreanu (URI) vs. Naz Karagaz (TU) 6-3, 2-0 (NR)
2. Kyla Klier (TU) def. Rachel Smilansky (URI) 6-4, 2-0
3. Sade Atkinson (TU) def. Ariel Haber (URI) 6-0, 6-0
4. Ivone Alvaro (TU) def. Emily Zargham (URI) 6-2, 6-1
5. Tiara Higuchi (URI) vs. Elena Muller (TU) 6-6 (5-5) (NR)
6. Christina Sisti (TU) def. Jordan Rucks (URI) 6-0, 6-2
Rhode Island won't be back in action until they travel to Quinnipiac on Sunday, March 26. The match is scheduled to begin at noon.