CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Rhode Island women's track & field team finished day two of the Charlotte 49er Classic Saturday, wrapping up their first competition of the 2017 outdoor season.
This was a non-scoring invitational.
Charlotte 49er Classic
Irwin Belk Track & Field Center, Charlotte, N.C.
Highlights From the Track
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Juleen Lewis, Kristina MacLure, Dyshelle Pemberton, and Mikaila Amerantes finished seventh, clocking in at 47.86 seconds.
- Janel Conley finished sixth in the 100 meter hurdles final with a time of 14.25 seconds, and 20th in the shot put with a mark of 37' 1.25".
- Dyshelle Pemberton finished third in the 400 meter hurdles final, clocking in at 1:02.35.
- The 4x400 meter relay team finished ninth with a time of 3:51.66.
- Leah Wolf finished 19th in the javelin with a mark of 108' 7" and Hannah Madison finished 29th, (79' 2.5"). Madison also finished 45th in the shot put, marking 29' 1.75".
- Conley and Madison tied for seventh in the high jump, both marking 5' 3".
ICYMI: Friday Results
- Karlee Fowler finished fourth in the pole vault, marking 11' 5.75".
- Conley finished second in the long jump, with a mark of 19' 2.75", and Kristina MacLure finished 15th, (17' 7").
- Wolf finished third in the discus, (135' 9").
- Grace Janes finished sixth in the hammer throw with a mark of (162' 3"), and Wolf finished 19th, (122' 2").