STORRS, CONN. — The Rhode Island women's track and field team placed fourth in the Northeast Challenge hosted by UConn Saturday. The Rams scored 73 team points. Host UConn won the Challenge with 156 points, followed by Albany (119) and Northeastern (83.50).
Highlights from the Track
- Karlee Fowler won the pole vault after clearing 3.70 meters.
- Greta Scott placed second in the 400 meter dash, clocking in at 54.10 seconds. Kristina MacLure (55.82s) finished fifth and Mikaila Amerantes (56.66s) finished sixth.
- MacLure also finished third in the 100 meter hurdles (14.10s), and fifth in the long jump (5.46m).
- Gabrielle Curtis placed sixth in the 400 meter hurdles, clocking in at 1:04.64.
- Dominique Twombly finished sixth in the 100 meter dash with a time of 12.10 seconds.
- Katie McNulty placed fourth in the 800 meters (2:15.45).
- Kelly Iocca finished third in the steeplechase, with at time of 11:15.78.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Kylie McPherson, Keilan Nova, Kelly MacDonnell, and Gabrielle Curtis placed fourth, with a time of 3:58.30.
- Elaina Hobbs finished fifth in the high jump with a mark of 1.63 meters.
- Rebecca O'Donnell finished fourth in the triple jump with a mark of 11.64 meters.
- Leah Wolf placed sixth for the Rams in the discus, with a throw of 42.06 meters. Wolf also finished second in the javelin with a throw of 40.47 meters.
- Samantha Andrews finished fifth in the hammer (51.12m).