Stonehill Skyhawk Invitational
Stonehill College - Easton, Mass.
The Rhode Island women's track and field team placed second at the Stonehill Skyhawk Invitational on Saturday. The Rams had 136.5 team points behind only Boston College (167 points).
Highlights from the Track
- Karlee Fowler won the pole vault with a school record mark of 12' 9.50". The previous record of 12' 8" was held by Kaylan Pickford (2015). Fowler now owns both the indoor and outdoor pole vault records.
- Julia Campezato won the javelin with a throw of 128'4".
- Rebecca O'Donnell won the triple jump with a mark of 39' 5.25".
- Rhody took the 1-2-3 in the hammer throw, with Molly Botts first (171' 5"), Lysah Russell second (165') and Samantha Andrews third (163' 9").
- Andrews also finished third in the discus with a throw of 132' 8". Sheila Plunkett placed fifth (125' 5").
- Tiffany Jenkins placed fourth in the high jump after clearing 5' 3".
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Bethany DeLoof, Kelly MacDonnell, Lindsay Goulet, and Dominique Twombly placed fourth in 48.01 seconds.
- MacDonnell (58.09 seconds), DeLoof (58.28 seconds) and Katie McNulty (58.87 seconds) all earned points for the Rams in the 400 meter dash.
- Twombly finished sixth in the 100 meter dash (12.60 seconds).
- Kelly Iocca finished seventh in the 1500 meters in 4:43:00.
- Breann Burns placed second in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 14.636 seconds. Kylie McPherson finished fifth (14.86 seconds).
- Gabrielle Curtis finished seventh in the 400 meter hurdles in 1:06.73.
- In the 200 meter dash, MacDonnell (25.82 seconds), Carleisha Forteau (25.952 seconds), DeLoof (25.960 seconds), and McPherson (26.05 seconds) earned points for Rhody.
- Jackie Burr finished sixth in the 3000 meters in 10:42.01.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Natalie Sopchak, Curtis, Sydney Sopchak, and McNulty finished first in 3:58.86.
Rhode Island is set to compete in the 2018 Atlantic 10 Outdoor Championship on May 5-6, hosted by George Mason.