Feb 02, 2019
Rhode Island women's track and field finished fifth with 57 team points at the New England Championship. Northeastern earned 162 team points in the two-day competition for the championship crown.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Kelly MacDonnell, Mikaila Amerantes, Kristina MacLure, and Greta Scott defended their 2018 title with a winning time of 3:43.97.
- Scott finished third in the 400 meter finals in 55.99 seconds.
- Amerantes was second in the 500 meter finals with a time of 1:12.80.
- Lotte Black won the 1000 meter in 2:47.54 for her first career New England title.
- Kristina MacLure was fourth in the 60 meter hurdle finals in 8.68 seconds. Ciara French was seventh (8.85s) and Trinity Smith was eighth (8.97s).
ICYMI: Day One Finals
- Kristina MacLure placed third in the long jump with a leap of 5.73m (18' 9.75").
- Jessica Ippolitto finished ninth in the pole vault after clearing 3.55m (11' 7.75m).
- In the weight throw, Molly Botts finished 13th with a throw of 15.05m (49' 4.50") and Samantha Andrews was 14th with a mark of 15.02m (49' 3.50").
- The distance medley relay team of Chelsea Lee, Hasna-Kaarina Badji, Sydney Sopchak, and Ashley Evans finished ninth in 12:33.74.