Sep 21, 2017
- After playing nine of their first 12 games away from home, the Rams will be back on the road for the opening weekend of Atlantic 10 play - at VCU on Friday and Davidson on Sunday.
- Rhody is 24-8 all time in conference openers.
- URI ranks second in the A-10 in opponent hitting percentage (.161) and blocks per set (2.47).
- Individually, senior Marie Gillcrist ranks third in the conference with 1.37 blocks per set. She also ranks eighth in the league with a .304 hitting percentage.
- Junior Lauren Pick is fourth in the conference in assists per set (8.72).
- Freshman Live Lunde Fossdal leads the team in total kills (114) and kills per set (2.48). Senior Kylee Wolfe is just behind her with 103 kills (2.29 per set).
Rhode Island vs. VCU
- VCU enters the weekend with a 13-2 record.
- Rhode Island leads the all-time series with VCU, five games to four.
- The teams met just once last season, with Rhody winning 3-2 on VCU's home court.
- VCU's lone losses of the season have come at Texas A&M (3-0) and Notre Dame (3-1).
- As a team, VCU leads the Atlantic 10 in total blocks (174) and blocks per set (3.22). The Rams also rank third in service aces per set (1.70) and fourth in hitting percentage (.220).
- Individually, Tori Baldwin leads the team and ranks second in the A-10 in total kills, with 195.
- Jasmin Sneed and Baldwin rank 1 and 2 in the conference in blocks per set with 1.58 and 1.43, respectively.
Rhode Island vs. Davidson
- Davidson enters the weekend with a 7-6 record.
- Before facing Rhode Island on Sunday, the Wildcats will host Fordham on Friday night.
- Rhody leads the all-time series with Davidson, 3-1.
- Davidson currently boasts the A-10's best hitting percentage at .246.
- The Wildcats also rank in the league's top-5 in assists per set (3rd, 11.71), kills per set (4th, 12.52), service aces per set (4th, 1.58), digs per set (5th, 14.27) and blocks per set (5th, 1.73).
- Davidson is the only team to have three players - Ellie Crosley (.353), Katharine Franz (.318) and Kelly Friers (.306) - rank in the conference's top-10 for hitting percentage.
- Mason Rooney is fifth in the league in service aces per set (0.44) and eighth in assists per set (5.98)