Oct 05, 2017
- The Rams are back in Keaney Gym for a pair of A-10 matches against Saint Louis (Friday) and Dayton (Saturday).
- Rhode Island enters the weekend in third place in the Atlantic 10 standings with a 3-1 conference record. Dayton is tied with VCU for first place, at 3-0, while Saint Louis is just behind Rhody, in fourth place at 2-1.
- URI ranks second in the A-10 in opponent hitting percentage (.149) and blocks per set (2.40).
- Individually, senior Marie Gillcrist ranks third in the conference with 1.41 blocks per set. She also ranks ninth in the league with a .281 hitting percentage.
- Junior Lauren Pick is fourth in the conference in assists per set (8.61).
- Freshman Live Lunde Fossdal leads the team in total kills (150) and kills per set (2.46).
- Senior Kylee Wolfe is just behind her with 135 kills (2.25 per set) and a team-best 20 service aces.
- Senior Jessie Blaze has recorded a team-best 193 digs.
Rhode Island vs. Saint Louis
- Saint Louis holds the advantage in the all-time series, 17-5.
- The teams last met in the semifinals of the 2016 Atlantic 10 Championship, where SLU defeated URI, three sets to two.
- URI and SLU are 2-2 over their last four meetings.
- The Billikens enter the weekend with a 5-11 overall record and a 2-1 mark in conference play.
- Last weekend, Saint Louis posted a 3-0 win over La Salle before defeating Duquesne 3-2.
- SLU ranks third in the conference in kills per set (12.37) and is fourth in service aces per set (1.66).
- Individually, Sien Gallop has served up a league-leading 39 aces.
- Maya Taylor leads the team with 173 kills (3.26 per set). Nenye Okoro is just behind her with an average of 3.08 kills per set.
- Setters Camilla Rivas and Juliana Phillips lead the team in assists with 316 and 256, respectively.
- Lauren Leverenz (44) and Lauren Mershon (41) are the team's top blockers.
- Mackenzie Long has registered a team-best 198 digs.
Rhode Island vs. Dayton
- Dayton enters the weekend with an 11-6 overall record and a 3-0 mark in the A-10.
- Like Saint Louis, the Flyers picked up a pair of wins last weekend against both Duquesne (3-1) and La Salle (3-0).
- Dayton holds the advantage in the all-time series at 31-10.
- URI has won just one of the last 26 matches against UD -- a 3-2 victory in Kingston in 2013. Prior to that, the Rams had not defeated the Flyers since 2001.
- As a team, the Flyers lead the Atlantic 10 in hitting percentage (.231), assists per set (12.21) and kills per set (13.43). They also rank second in digs per set (14.79) and are third in blocks per set (2.16).
- Individually, Amber Erhahon leads the conference in hitting percentage (.437) while Lauren Bruns is the league leader in kills per set (3.64).
- Jane Emmenecker ranks second in the A-10 in assists per set (9.98).