Nov 09, 2017
- Rhode Island returns to Keaney Gym for the regular-season finale Friday night against Fordham.
- Prior to the start of the game, the Rams will hold a brief ceremony to recognize their five graduating seniors: Jessie Blaze, Rachel Lynne Cox, Marie Gillcrist, Sam Roberts and Kylee Wolfe.
- The game will be the second this season between the Bronx Rams and the Kingston Rams as Rhody traveled to Fordham and picked up a 3-0 win earlier this season.
- URI and Fordham enter the weekend fighting for the final spot in the six-team Atlantic 10 Championship. Whichever team wins the match will claim the #6 seed for next weekend's conference championship.
- URI ranks third in the A-10 in blocks per set (2.27).
- Individually, senior Marie Gillcrist ranks third in the conference with 1.36 blocks per set. She also ranks ninth in service aces per sec (0.34).
- Junior Lauren Pick is fourth in the league in assists per set (8.46) while senior Jessie Blaze ranks 10th in digs per set (3.51).
- Freshman Live Lunde Fossdal is Rhode Island's leader in total kills (227) and kills per set (2.40). Gillcrist is one shy of 200 kills for the season while fellow senior Kylee Wolfe enters the weekend with 189 kills on the season.
Rhode Island vs. Fordham
- URI is 31-10 all-time versus Fordham.
- Rhody has won each of the last nine matches between the teams, combining to outscore Fordham 21-2 during that stretch.
- Fordham enters the weekend with a 12-14 overall record, and a 4-9 mark in the Atlantic 10.
- The Rams most recently dropped a pair of 3-1 decisions at Saint Louis and Dayton last weekend.
- Fordham currently leads the Atlantic 10 in total service aces (183) and service aces per set (1.97).
- Sophomore Olivia Fairchild leads the conference in kills per set (3.58) and ranks second in service aces per set (0.66). Freshman McKenna Lahr is just being her, ranking third in the league with 0.45 aces per set.
- Junior setter Maddy Walsh ranks fifth in the A-10 in assists per set (8.06).
- Sophomore Morgan Williams is seventh in league in digs per set at 3.98.