UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND TICKET DONATION AND PROMOTIONAL POLICIES
URI Athletics Promotional Activity Policies
- The necessary application must be completed in its entirety, a minimum of four weeks prior to the requested deadline before URI Athletics will consider the request.
- Completion of a request form in a timely manner and approval from the Compliance Office does not guarantee URI Athletics will fulfill the request.
- URI Athletics items will not be donated to other college or universities.
- Pursuant to NCAA regulations, items will not be donated to any entity that benefits a high school, high school aged students, or affiliates of any high school-aged students.
Promotional Activity: Frequently Asked Questions
- Is URI Athletics able to accept personal items, such as a T-shirt or ball, to be autographed by members of or individual from a team?
On a case-by-case basis, URI Athletics may allow autographs on a personal item but is in no way responsible for care or condition of the item and pursuant to the fulfillment of all other requirements for promotional activity. We strongly discourage this activity simply because we cannot be responsible for the item submitted.
- Does URI Athletics donate game tickets?
Yes. On a case-by-case basis, URI Athletics is able to donate gift certificates for game tickets of various athletic events on campus. Community organizations and nonprofit groups seeking donations to football, hockey, etc. should submit a written request, preferably on their organizational letterhead, with the purpose of the donation and date of the event. Gift certificates will need to be redeemed for hard tickets at the Ryan Center Ticket Office, during normal working hours.
- Can an autographed item be purchased from URI Athletics?
No. The Division of Athletics is not in the business of selling autographed items.
- Will URI Athletics donate an item to an entity outside the state of Rhode Island?
Yes. URI Athletics is able to donate items to charitable entities within New England.
- Can an autographed item be used as an auction or raffle item at a fundraiser?
Yes (with approval from the Compliance Office).
- Does URI Athletics make autographed items available to individuals?
Yes, URI Athletics provides autographed items to charitable, educational, and some institutional entities. Typically this is limited to organizations, not individuals.
- Will URI Athletics consider a donation to a profitable corporate entity?
No. This rule is strictly enforced and governed by the NCAA. URI Athletics is also prohibited from providing any item to a charitable organization/event that is sponsored or co-sponsored by a commercial entity.
- I received an item for a charitable organization last year. Can I receive another item this year?
No, URI Athletics will provide a maximum of one item per organization, per year. Receipt of an item in no way guarantees subsequent donations.
- Will URI student-athletes make personal appearances?
No, student-athletes are not permitted to make appearances during their season. The Compliance Office must approve all student-athlete appearances. Even if the University approves the request, there is no guarantee that the student-athlete will be willing and able to fulfill the request.
In order to request a ticket donation and/or donation of a promotional item please click here to review complete policy and procedures. All requests must go through the Office of the Athletics Director.
For questions please call 401-874-5245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.