Rhode Island Lineup
White (CF), Heiss (SS), Coutts (DH), Cristino (C), Vargas (1B), Brodeur (2B), Coley (LF), Fortin (3B), Ilario (RF), Jangols (P)
Maves (2B), Cruz (C), Marrer (LF), Vulgamore (3B), LaChance (DH), Ostberg (SS), Mosley (CF), Scafariello (RF), Kohn (1B), DeCarr (P)
Quinnipiac (8-12) went to the bullpen to start the seventh and Connor Mahoney loaded the bases by walking John Cristino, Xavier Vargas and Max Mircovich. After another Bobcats pitching change, Greg Cavaliere lifted a sacrifice fly into right field, scoring Cristino and evening the game at four apiece.
Cristino got things started again in the ninth, sending a leadoff double into right center before being replaced by pinch-runner Jordan Laske. A base hit by Vargas moved Laske to third and a two-out error eventually allowed him to score what proved to be the game-winning run.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman John Cristino singled, doubled, walked, scored once and drove in a run.
- Sophomore Xavier Vargas also went 2-for-4 with a double, a walk and a run scored.
- Sophomore Austin White extended his reached-base streak to 13 games as he had a pair of hits, walked once and stole his second base of the season.
- Senior Kevin Heiss singled, was hit by a pitch and scored a run. He has now reached base in each of his last 11 games played.
- Redshirt freshman Joe Fortin went 1-for-3 with a run scored.
- Junior pinch hitter Greg Cavaliere sent a game-tying sacrifice fly to right field in the top of the seventh.
- Redshirt freshman pinch runner Jordan Laske scored what proved to be the game-winning run in the top of the ninth.
- Sophomore reliever Brendan Mignone earned his first career win, striking out three and allowing just two hits over 2.1 innings of relief.
- Redshirt junior Tyler Brosius relieved Mignone in the ninth and retired the final two batters of the game to pick up his first career save.
Rhode Island is back in action Wednesday afternoon at Northeastern.