Rhode Island Lineup
White (CF), Coutts (DH), Mircovich (RF), Vargas (1B), Ulliana (C), Brodeur (2B), Hill (SS), McManus (3B), Ilario (LF), Morrison (P)
Ciliento (RF), Gustin (2B), Titus (SS), Ward (LF), Wright (1B), Owens (C), Castronovo (DH), Angelini (CF), Hart (3B), MacDonald (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island struggled to get any offense going, falling to Bryant 2-0 Wednesday afternoon at Bill Beck Field. The Rams managed just six base-runners (three hits, three walks) in the loss to the Bulldogs.
Bryant (17-10) scored it's first run of the game in the top of the third inning, as an errant throw to first by Josh Brodeur allowed Nick Angelini to cross the plate and make it a 1-0 game.
The Rams (11-14) had runners on second and third in the fourth inning, and got the leadoff man to second in the bottom of the seventh, but were unable to push any runs across.
Bryant then added an insurance run in the top of the eighth when Ryan Ward singled to drive in Jake Gustin.
Inside the Box Score
- The Rams combined for a season-low three hits on the afternoon - one single each by sophomore Austin White, redshirt sophomore Max Mircovich and sophomore Xavier Vargas.
- Mircovich also drew a pair of walks and recorded Rhody's lone stolen base of the game.
- Rhode Island's 5-9 hitters were a combined 0-for-14.
- Freshman Jon Morrison made his first career start, allowing one (unearned) run on three hits over four complete innings. He struck out four and walked none.
- Freshman Bo Brutti and redshirt senior Cam LaFleur each tossed a 1-2-3 frame for the Rams, in the fifth and sixth innings, respectively.
- Senior Mark Silvestri pitched a scoreless seventh, getting an inning-ending strikeout with runners on first and second.
Rhode Island remains in Kingston for the weekend, when they welcome Richmond to The Beck for a three-game Atlantic 10 series.