Rhode Island Lineup
White (CF), Heiss (SS), Vargas (1B), Coutts (RF), Laske (DH), Brodeur (2B), Cristino (C), Cavaliere (LF), Coley (3B), Brutti (P)
Boston College Lineup
Alu (3B), Morissette (2B), Dempsey (SS), Cunningham (1B), Martellini (C), Suozzi (RF), Galland (LF), Stalman (DH), Baldelli (CF), Mancini (P)
How it Happened
For the fifth time in the last six games, Rhode Island managed to put just one run on the board, falling to visiting Boston College 2-1 Tuesday afternoon.
Rhody held on to the one-run lead until the top of the seventh when Lucas Stalman doubled to drive in Chris Galland and even the game at 1-1. The Eagles (23-24) then pulled ahead in the top of the ninth, on a Jake Alu double that plated Dante Baldelli.
Kevin Heiss drew a one-out walk in the bottom of the ninth, but was stranded first as the Rams suffered their seventh one-run loss of the season.
Inside the Box Score
- The Rams managed just four singles and one walk in the loss.
- Redshirt freshman Jordan Laske went 2-for-3 and scored URI's lone run of the game.
- Redshirt sophomore Josh Brodeur had an RBI single for the Rams.
- Freshman John Cristino had the only other hit of the day for the Rams, an eighth-inning single through the right side.
- Freshman Bo Brutti tossed four shutout inning in the no-decision start. He allowed four hits and issued just one walk.
- Freshman Jon Morrison was charged with the loss, allowing one (unearned) run on three hits and one walk during 1.1 innings of relief work.
- Boston College's pitchers faced just four over the minimum through nine innings of play.
The Rams will now travel to Saint Louis for a weekend series against the Billikens.