Feb 21, 2019
RHODE ISLAND VS. DAVIDSON - SERIES NOTES
- Friday's game will be the second meeting in two weeks between Rhode Island and Davidson. The Rams lost at Davidson on Feb. 6, a 68-53 contest.
- This will be the 13th time the teams have faced each other, with each side winning six games in the series.
- Rhode Island is 3-1 against the Wildcats in the Ryan Center, including a 72-59 victory last season.
- Davidson has won each of the last three games in the series.
- In league play, Davidson's Jon Axel Gudmundsson ranks sixth in scoring with 15.8 points per game. Teammate Kellen Grady is 11th at 14.8 per game.
- Both teams are coming into the game off of losses. Rhode Island is looking to snap a four-game losing skid overall, while Davidson fell at Dayton Tuesday night.
- Davidson freshman Luka Brajkovic had a big game in the first meeting between the schools. He had 18 points on 7-of-10 shooting and added nine rebounds. Brajkovic also blocked five shots on the defensive end.
- Gudmundsson had a game-high 20 points to go with 12 rebounds and five assists in the first meeting.
DOWTIN FOUR AWAY FROM 100 ASSISTS FOR SECOND STRAIGHT SEASON
- Junior Jeff Dowtin had four assists in Tuesday's loss at VCU, giving him 96 for the season.
- With four more assists, he will become the first Rhode Island player since Mike Powell to reach 100 assists in back-to-back seasons. Powell had 110 in 2010-11 and then 113 in 2011-12.
- Dowtin had 189 assists last season, the third highest single-season total in program history.
- For his career, Dowtin has 354 assists, which ranks seventh in proogram history.
- Next on the list is Dowtin's former teammate Jarvis Garrett, who ranks sixth in program history with 398 assists (2014-18).
- Last week against Fordham, Dowtin played 41 minutes without turning the ball over. It was the fourth time this season and the 14th time in his career he has played 30+ minutes without committing a turnover.
- Dowtin ranks fourth in the Atlantic 10 with a 2.0 assist-turnover ratio. He has led the league in the category each of the last two seasons.