Feb 25, 2019
- Tuesday's game will be the 60th meeting all time in the series, with George Washington holding a 31-28 edge.
- Rhode Island has had the advantage in recent years, winning four of the last five games between the schools.
- The Rams won at George Washington, 81-60, last season. Jeff Dowtin had nine points and nine assists in the win.
- The Colonials are the lowest-scoring offense in the Atlantic 10 at 64.4 points per contest. Rhode Island is three spots in front of George Washington, scoring 67.7 per game.
- Rhode Island forces 14.04 turnovers per game, which ranks fourth in the Atlantic 10. George Washington turns the ball over 13.0 times per game, which ranks eighth in the conference.
- George Washington sophomore guard Justin Mazzulla is a Rhode Island native who played his high school career at Bishop Hendricken. He has started all 27 games and averages 9.1 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.
GAME TO AIR ON COX YURVIEW, STREAM ON ESPN+
- Tuesday's game will be broadcast locally on Cox YurView.
- It also will be streamed on ESPN+
- WRIU's Stone Freeman and Tyler Krusz will provide the call of the game.
LANGEVINE EXTENDS REBOUNDING LEAD IN ATLANTIC 10
- Junior Cyril Langevine leads the Atlantic 10 with 10.3 rebounds per game.
- He is averaging nearly two rebounds more per game than the next closest player. Saint Louis' Hasahn French is second in the league with 8.5 per game.
- Langevine has had 12 or more rebounds nine times this season.
- With 269 rebounds this season, Langevine is one of only three players in the conference with 200 rebounds on the season. French (229) and Duquesne forward Eric Williams, Jr. (211) are the others.
- Langevine is well ahead of pace to become just the seventh player in Rhode Island history to record 300 rebounds in one season.
- He needs 31 rebounds to reach 300 for the season. With four regular season games plus at least one Atlantic 10 tournament game remaining, he needs to average 6.2 boards per game the rest of the way to reach the mark.
- The last Rhode Island player with 300 rebounds in one season was Lamar Odom, who had 302 in 1998-99. That was Odom's lone season with the Rams.