How it Happened
Rhode Island (0-3, 0-1 CAA Football) trailed 14-0 after the first quarter, before QB Paul Mroz found Khayri Denny on a 62-yard strike to start the second quarter. Justin Rohrwasser converted the PAT kick, making it 14-7. Late in the quarter, Rohrwasser connected on the first field goal of the season for the Rams - a 33-yarder, making it 14-10. The Crimson added a late TD on a four-yard run and led 21-10 at the half.
Harvard controlled the scoreboard for much of the second half, tacking on 21 unanswered points. The Crimson scored twice in the fourth quarter - including a TD off a blocked punt.
Inside the Box Score
- Harold Cooper rushed 22 times for 95 yards, including a long-run of 13. It was the highest rushing total by a Ram this season. The sophomore tailback added three catches out of the backfield for 10 yards.
- Cooper also made five kickoff returns for 76 yards (15.2 yards/KR) - including a 24-yard return.
- As a team, Rhody rushed 36 times for 135 yards. The Rams outrushed the Crimson, 135-103.
- Paul Mroz was 17-for-35 for 175 yards and a touchdown. The 17 completions tied his season-high, set last week at Albany.
- Charlie McKeeman hauled in four passes for 41 yards. Khayri Denny made two catches - including his 62-yard TD reception.
- Linebacker Adam Parker made 12 tackles - including seven solo stops. Tim Wienclaw added five tackles, while Jose Duncan had three.
- Sophomore DB Isaiah Hill registered his first collegiate interception, picking off Harvard QB Scott Hosch in the second quarter. His pick in Harvard territory helped set up Rhody's field goal.
- Connor McHugh averaged 43.0 yards per punt on the afternoon - including a 61 yarder.
- After a combined eight turnovers in URI's first two games, the Rams did not commit a turnover versus the Crimson.
- Attendance at Meade Stadium was 4,843.
- The anchor bearer for the Rams was tight end Charlie McKeeman.
Stat of the Day, pt. I
7-for-18 - Rhode Island was 7-for-18 in third-down conversions.
Stat of the Day, pt. II
310 - The Rams had 310 total yards of offense - a season-high for the Rams.
Rhode Island heads to Orono next Saturday to take on Maine at Alfond Stadium. Kickoff time is set for 3:30 p.m. The game will be televised live on the American Sports Network. Local clearances to be announced this week.