KINGSTON, R.I. – In the first scrimmage of Spring Camp, Rhode Island's defense limited the offense to one touchdown Friday evening in Meade Stadium. While the offense struggled to finish drives, it did move the ball with some consistency. Averaging nearly 4.0 yards per snap, the offense picked up 19 first downs during the full-speed scrimmage.
- Senior running back Harold Cooper averaged 6.6 yards per carry on 12 attempts. He finished with 82 yards on the ground, incuding a long run of 37 yards. Cooper added one catch for 11 yards.
- Redshirt sophomore quarterback Jordan Vazzano threw for 149 yards and one touchdown.
- Junior wide receiver Khayri Denny caught two passes for 47 yards, including a 25-yard scoring strike from Vazzano.
- Redshirt freshman tight end Anthony Christian caught three passes for 32 yards.
- Also catching three passes each were senior wide receiver Harold Buckner III and redshirt junior Marven Beauvais. The duo combined for 56 receiving yards.
- Sophomore wide receiver Aaron Parker had two catches for 35 yards.
- Junior running back Markey Clarke had 29 yards on 10 carries. More impressive, Clarke gained positive yardages on each of his 10 attempts.
- Redshirt sophomore Momodou Mbye had four tackles, two pass break ups and intercepted one pass.
- Sophomore defensive tackle Brandon Ginnetti had a team-high five tackles. He was in the backfield throughout the scrimmage, recording two tackles for loss and two quarterback hurries.
- Sophomore defensive end William Mack III was credited with three sacks.
- Redshirt sophomore defensive tackle Tyrone Barge had five tackles, including a sack.
- Redshirt senior defensive tackle Mike Ezirike had two tackles and a pair of quarterback hurries.
- Senior defensive end Jose Duncan had three tackles, two of which were for no gain. He also batted down a pass at the line of scrimmage.
- Redshirt senior defensive back Abdul Ibrahim had five tackles, while sophomore defensive back Myles Ross added four stops.
- Junior defensive end Tez Wilson had two tackles, including one sack.
- Redshirt freshman defensive back Kwadir Brown had three tackles and one pass break up. He also ended the scrimmage with an interception in the end zone, which he returned 47 yards.