Mar 12, 2019
- Palmetto Golf Club - Aiken, S.C.
- Par 70 course (6,617 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Monday, March 11
- Third Round: Tuesday, March 12
- The Field: 18 teams, 90 golfers
- Rhode Island placed 18th overall, finising with a team score of 916 (308-298-310).
- South Carolina won the event, setting a new tournament record with a team score of -27 (268-269-276=813).
- Virginia (+8), UAB (+8), Clemson (+15), and Memphis (+19) rounded out the top-5.
- VCU - the only other Atlantic 10 program competing in the tournament - placed ninth overall at +35 (289-292-294=875).
- Senior Dawson Jones was Rhode Island's top finisher, tying for 29th overall with a score of 218 (73-70-75).
- Sophomore Chris Francoeur tied for 72nd place. After going 74-75 in the first two rounds, he shot a third-round 80 to finish 19 strokes over par (229).
- Redshirt senior Brody King finished in 88th place, going 82-80-78 for a +30 finish (240).
- Playing in his first career tournament for the Rams, freshman Sean Taylor placed 89th overall (243). He opened with an 88, shot a second-round 78 and finished with a 77 on Tuesday.
- Freshman Austin Fox did not compete in Tuesday's final round.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- This was the best-run tournament we have ever been a part of and we loved the experience. That said, today we played three regulars and a walk-on. We weren't healthy enough to field a fifth player as this virus running through the team has knocked us out.
- Kudos to Sean Taylor, who has moved up on the team through this. He has the chance, moving forward, to make the starting lineup. You are what you score every time you play, and he scored well
The Rams will now travel to Leland, N.C. for the Cape Fear National Intercollegiate (March 17-18).