Posted: Sep 07, 2019
- Seven Oaks Golf Club - Hamilton, N.Y.
- Par 72 (6,834 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Saturday, Sept. 7
- Third Round: Sunday, Sept. 8
- The Field: 18 teams, 96 golfers
- After two rounds of play, Rhode Island sits in 15th place among the field of 18.
- The Rams combined for a first round score of 301, but added three strokes to their team total the second time through to finish Day 1 with a combined 605 (301-304).
- Cornell leads the field heading into Sunday's final round with a two-round score of 576 (286-290).
- Junior Chris Francoeur is tied for second through two rounds with a 3-under 141 (71-70).
- Redshirt sophomore Brandon Gillis sits in a tie for 47th place, opening with a 1-over 73 but following that with a second-round 78 (151).
- Freshman Bryson Richards will enter Sunday's final round tied for 81st at 12-over. He carded an 80 the first time through but knocked four strokes off his second round score to finish the day with a combined 156.
- Sophomore Austin Fox is one stroke behind Richards, tied for 86th place with a 157 (77-80)
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- This was a very tough day for us, for a number of reasons. The team learned this morning that Jordan Brajcich could not compete due to a compliance paperwork issue. It really threw them as he has been playing extremely well. So, not only did we have to play with four while everyone else played with five, we put a lot of pressure on Bryson and Austin. Before they even teed off, they knew there was no room for error.
- That said, I was particularly proud of Chris who was 2 over after his first 15 holes and went five under over the next 20.
The Rams return to Seven Oaks Golf Club on Sunday morning for the tournament's final round.