0 Roger Penske
|Hometown:||Newport Coast, Calif.|
|High School:||St. Margaret's Episcopal School|
Career Honors & Awards
- 2018 Atlantic 10 All-Championship Team
- Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Week (Sept. 10, 2018)
- Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week (Aug. 27, 2018; Sept. 4. 2018)
- Appeared in 19 of URI's 20 games and made 18 starts as a true freshman.
- Recorded seven shutouts and one combined shutout during his rookie campaign.
- Finished the year with a 1.13 goals against average and a .790 save percentage.
- Earned one A-10 Defensive Player of the Week award and two A-10 Rookie of the Week honors.
- Was named to the Atlantic 10 All-Championship Team.
- Opened his collegiate career with 494:15 consecutive scoreless minutes, making 20 saves and collecting four shutouts before allowing his first goal of the season in URI's double-overtime loss to Brown.
- Earned the start in the season opener and stopped both shots he faced to lead URI to a 2-0 win at Boston University.
- Made four saves in Rhode Island's 4-0 win at Bryant.
- Stopped three shots against Penn State to post his third consecutive shutout.
- Made five saves in his fourth shutout of the season as URI won 2-0 at Marist.
- Played the final 25:13 of the game - to combine with teammate Stefan Schmidt for the shutout - in a 3-0 victory at Providence.
- Recorded six saves in URI's 3-1 win over Dayton.
- Had a season-high nine saves in URI's 2-1 win over St. Joe's.
- Posted his fifth shutout of the season against Fordham in the A-10 quarterfinals.
- Stopped six shots in URI's A-10 semifinal shutout (1-0) over VCU.
- Recorded this third consecutive clean sheet as Rhody defeated George Mason 2-0 in the A-10 title game.
- Played wide receiver for his high school's football team and served as a co-captain during his junior year.
- Played club soccer for LA Galaxy USDA U15 (2014-15), Pateadores USDA U16/U17 (2015-17), Pateadores USDA U18 (2017-18).
- Captained Pateadores during his final two seasons.
- Traveled to Derbyshire, England (2015) and London, England (2016) for preseason training camp with Derby County FC (2015) and Watford FC (2016).
- Received US Soccer Training Center invitations in 2014-15 and 2015-16.
- Academically, was an honor roll student and received his high school's Scholastic Art & Writing awards.
- Also volunteered at St. Margaret's Episcopal School's Special Camp for Special Kids, serving as a counselor for a 15 year old boy with muscular dystrophy and autism.
- Born Jan. 12, 2000 as Roger Searle Penske III.
- Son of Jennifer and Roger Penske, Jr.
- His father played both football and soccer at Lehigh University.
- Has one older sister, Ryan.
- Enjoys music, art, playing soccer, driving cars, hanging out with friends, going to the beach and working with kids who have special needs.
- Favorite athletes are Kobe Bryant, Neur, Neymar and Connor McGregor.
- Favorite teams are Brazil Men's National Team, Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund.
- Chose to attend URI over Michigan, the United States Air Force Academy, Cornell and Loyola Chicago.
- Selected Rhode Island because he fell in love with the soccer program, coaching staff and players... That, combined with the campus location, training facilities and educational opportunities, made URI the perfect fit.
- Majoring in Business/Entrepreneurial Management.
- Would like to pursue a career in professional soccer and eventually start his own company.
|Oct 27||Saint Joseph's||W, 2-1|
|Oct 31||at George Mason||L, 2-0|
|Nov 4||Fordham||W, 2-0|
|Nov 9||vs. VCU||W, 1-0|
|Nov 11||vs. George Mason||W, 2-0|
|Nov 15||at Connecticut||L, 4-3|
|Aug 24||at Boston University||W, 2-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||2||1.000|
|Aug 27||at Bryant||W, 4-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||4||1.000|
|Aug 31||Penn State||W, 1-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||3||1.000|
|Sep 5||Holy Cross||W, 3-0||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Sep 8||at Marist||W, 2-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||5||1.000|
|Sep 11||at Connecticut||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Sep 18||at Providence||W, 3-0||0||25:13||0||0.00||1||1.000|
|Sep 22||Brown||L, 1-0||1||109:02||1||0.83||5||.833|
|Sep 29||at #25 Fordham||L, 4-2||1||90:00||4||4.00||3||.429|
|Oct 3||Saint Louis||W, 3-1||1||90:00||1||1.00||4||.800|
|Oct 6||at St. Bonaventure||W, 3-1||1||90:00||1||1.00||1||.500|
|Oct 10||Massachusetts||W, 3-2||1||90:00||2||2.00||3||.600|
|Oct 13||Dayton||W, 3-1||1||90:00||1||1.00||6||.857|
|Oct 20||at Duquesne||L, 3-1||1||90:00||3||3.00||1||.250|
|Oct 23||Boston College||W, 2-1||1||90:00||1||1.00||3||.750|
|Oct 27||Saint Joseph's||W, 2-1||1||90:00||1||1.00||8||.889|
|Oct 31||at George Mason||L, 2-0||1||90:00||2||2.00||6||.750|
|Nov 4||Fordham||W, 2-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||7||1.000|
|Nov 9||vs. VCU||W, 1-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||6||1.000|
|Nov 11||vs. George Mason||W, 2-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||6||1.000|
|Nov 15||at Connecticut||L, 4-3||1||98:57||4||3.64||5||.556|