- Rhode Island (6-2-0, 0-1-0 A-10) returns to the URI Soccer Complex to host Saint Louis Wednesday night.
- URI enters the game with the nation's 15th-best scoring offense (2.13 goals per game).
- The Rams also rank fifth nationally in corner kicks per game (7.38) and sixth in shots on goal per game (7.50).
- Defensively, Rhody has the eighth-best save percentage (.848) in the country and the 11th-best team goals against average (0.609).
- Their last time out, the Rams fell to #25 Fordham 4-2 in the Atlantic 10 opener for both teams.
- URI opened the season with 649:02 scoreless minutes, collecting six straight shutout victories before dropping a 1-0 double-overtime decision to Brown.
- The six consecutive shutouts gave the 2018 Rams the best start to a season in program history.
- Rhody has been backstopped by freshman Roger Penske and junior Stefan Schmidt. Penske, who has started in six of URI's eight games, leads the Atlantic 10 with a .828 save percentage and ranks second in with a 0.770 goals against average. He has collected two A-10 Rookie of the Week awards and has one Defensive Player of the Week honor.
- Overall, Rhody's defense has allowed just 33 shots on goal through seven games (4.1 per game). At the opposite end of the field, URI is averaging 7.5 shots on goal per game.
- Rhode Island has out-cornered its opponents 59-29 so far this season.
- Nine different Rams have found the back of the net this season while a total of 13 players have contributed either a goal or an assist.
- Senior Dominik Richter leads the team with 11 points on three goals and five assists.
- Junior Stavros Zarokostas scored a team-high four goals while redshirt freshman Edvin Akselsen has netted three. Both players have one assist.
- Junior Peder Kristiansen and freshman Sondre Karterud both have a pair of assists on the season.
- Grad student Tyler Dickson has added a pair of game-winning goals for Rhody.
The Rhody-Saint Louis Series
Saint Louis leads: 9-3-2
Last meeting: October 12, 2016; SLU defeated URI (1-0) in St. Louis, Mo.
Rhody's last win: Nov. 12, 2015 (4-2) in Fairfax, Va. (Atlantic 10 Championship)
Of Note: The Rams have defeated the Billikens three times in program history. Each of those three wins have come in different cities - Fairfax, Va. (2015), Kingston, R.I. (2011), and Charlotte, N.C. (Charlotte, N.C.).
Scouting Saint Louis
- The Billikens enter the game 3-1-4 overall and 0-0-1 in the Atlantic 10.
- SLU opened conference play with a 2-2 draw at Dayton last weekend.
- Saint Louis is undefeated over its last six games, picking up wins over Marquette (3-1), #23 Tulsa (3-0) and Central Arkansas (2-1) and tying SMI (1-1), SIUE (1-1) and Dayton (2-2).
- The Billikens are averaging 16.6 shots per game while allowing just seven. They also have taken twice as many corner kicks (43-21).
- SLU has yet to be shutout this season, scoring at least one goal in each of its eight games.
- The Billikens' 14 goals on the year have been scored by six different players.
- Anthony Brown (4g/2a) leads the team with 10 points. Leo Novaes is just behind him with nine points (3g/3a).
- Devin Boyce also has three assists, as well as a pair of goals.
- Ty Frederking (8 saves/0.71 GAA), Seth Stiebel (3 saves/1.13 GAA) and Ben Yeager (5 saves/1.48 GAA) have split time in goal this season, playing four, three and two games, respectively. Frederking is 3-0-1, Stiebel is 0-0-2 and Yeager is 0-1-1.