Oct 26, 2018
RHODE ISLAND vs. SAINT JOSEPH'S
Saturday, Oct. 27 at 7 p.m.
URI Soccer Complex – Kingston, RI
Coverage: Live Stats
- Rhode Island will play its final regular-season home game when Saint Joseph's visits the URI Soccer Complex on Saturday night.
- Graduating seniors Chae Brangman, Liam Daley, Evan Gaudreau, Emil Jesman Sunde and Dominik Richter will be recognized as part of the night.
- URI enters the weekend in third place in the A-10 with 4-2 record (12 points) in conference games.
- VCU (5-0-1, 16 points) and Davidson (4-1-1, 13 points) are ahead of Rhody while Fordham (3-2-1, 10 points) rounds out the top four.
- At the conclusion of regular-season play (Wednesday, Oct. 31) the top eight teams will advance to the Atlantic 10 postseason with the top-four seeds hosting quarterfinal matchups on their respective campuses.
- Most recently, Rhody defeated Boston College 2-1 on Tuesday night in Kingston.
- Senior Chae Brangman had a goal and an assist in the win while classmate Dominik Richter netted his team-leading eighth goal of the season.
- Richter also leads the team in total points (21; 8g/5a).
- Redshirt freshman Edvin Akselsen (16p/6g/4a), junior Stavros Zarokostas (14p/6g/2a) and senior Chae Brangman (12p/5g/2a) all have double-digit point totals as well.
- Richter and grad student Tyler Dickson each have three game-winning goals on the season.
- Junior Peder Kristiansen leads URI in assists with six.
- Overall, 14 different players have recorded either a goal or an assist for the Rams.
- As a team, Rhode Island has outscored its opponents 32-14.
- Rhody has been backstopped by freshman Roger Penske and junior Stefan Schmidt. Penske, who has started in 12 of URI's 14 games, has collected two A-10 Rookie of the Week awards and has one Defensive Player of the Week honor.
- Rhody's defense has allowed just 60 shots on goal through 14 games (4.3 per game). At the opposite end of the field, URI is averaging 6.9 shots on goal per game.
- Rhode Island has out-cornered its opponents 83-57 so far this season.
- URI enters the game with the nation's 10th-best scoring offense (2.29 goals per game).
The Saint Joseph's Series
- Rhode Island leads: 19-7-0
- Last meeting: October 5, 2017; St. Joe's defeated Rhody (2-1) in Philadelphia.
- URI's last win: October 14, 2015; the Rams beat the Hawks (2-1) at the URI Soccer Complex.
- Of Note: Rhody and St. Joe's have gone to overtime four times in the 26-game history between the teams. In those games, Rhode Island is 3-1.
Scouting Saint Joseph's
- The Hawks (8-6-2, 2-2-2) are on the edge of the Atlantic 10 postseason picture as they are currently tied with Duquesne for seventh in the conference with the top eight teams qualifying for the A-10 tournament.
- St. Joes has picked up league wins over then-#21 Fordham (3-2, OT) and St. Bonaventure (3-0), while drawing with Duquesne (2-2) and La Salle (2-2) and losing to Davidson (6-2) and George Mason (4-3).
- The Hawks 2-6-1 on the road this season. Their last road win was a 2-0 victory at Fairfield on Sept. 22.
- Alvin Dahn leads the team in both assists (8) and total points (22). He also has scored seven goals on the season.
- Leon Maric is just behind Dahn with 21 points (10g/1a) while Ritchie Barry has registered 20 points (8g/4a).
- In goal, Joseph Boehm has combined for a 1.86 goals against average and an 8-6-2 record.
- The Hawks have outscored their opponents 39-30 this season, despite being out-cornered 78-67.