RHODE ISLAND (0-1-1)
Starters: Schmidt (GK), Karterud, Kristiansen, Middrup, Trcka, Benco, Zarokostas, Tamburini, Drayer, Maddox, Akselsen
Substitutes: McManus, Kawale, Read
NO. 23 CONNECTICUT (2-0-0)
Starters: Catalano (GK), Harris, Tait, Metzler, Hall, Diop, Wade, Ngague, Lapert, Dengler, DeCottignies
Substitutes: Johnson, Venner
4:05 - URI - Zarokostas (Benco)
19:47 - UCONN - Hall (Tait)
42:03 - UCONN - Hall (Harris)
61:33 - UCONN - Hall (Harris)
How It Happened
No. 23 Connecticut's Jordan Hall scored all three goals for the Huskies in a 3-1 win over Rhode Island Tuesday night.
Rhode Island struck first, scoring in the fifth minute. Ludvik Benco sent long pass across the field to the left of the goal, where Stavros Zarokostas shook off a defender and slipped a shot past the keeper.
UConn got the equalizer in the 20th minute off a corner kick. Ahdan Tait sent in a ball that was punched away by Rhody keeper Stefan Schmidt. However, the carom went right to Jordan Hall, who had a clean look and buried the shot to make the score 1-1.
The Huskies took the lead late in the half on Hall's second goal of the night, a 43rd-minute header off a cross from Dayonn Harris. Hall completed the hat trick in the 62nd minuted, netting a one-timer on another setup from Harris.
Inside the Box Score
- The goal for Stavros Zarokostas was the 22nd of his career. With a goal and an assist through two games, he now has 57 points in 56 career matches.
- Rhode Island scored on its lone shot on goal in the first half.
- Jordan Hall has scored all five of Connecticut's goals this season.
- The game was a rematch of last year's NCAA Tournament game, which UConn won in overtime, 4-3.
- It was the 14th straight win in the series for the Huskies.
The Rams travel to Boston College Friday, Sept. 6. The match begins at 7 p.m.