Sep 08, 2019
- Rhode Island (0-2-1) returns home in looking for its first win of the 2019 season.
- The Rams opened the year with a 1-1 draw against Fairfield before falling to 23rd-ranked UConn (3-1) and Boston College (2-1).
- Friday's game against BC was Rhody's first away contest of the season. The Rams and Eagles played knotted at 1-1 throughout the majority of the game, until Boston College netted an 87th-minute game-winner.
- Senior Simon Trcka leads the Rams with four points on a pair of goals.
- Senior Stavros Zarokostas is just behind Trcka with three points on one goal and one assist.
- Senior Ludvik Benco, junior Filippo Tamburini and redshirt sophomore Edvin Akselsen each have an assist to their credit.
- Redshirt junior goalkeeper Stefan Schmidt has played all 290:00 so far for Rhode Island, making 16 saves and allowing six goals.
The Rhody/Providence Series
- Rhode Island leads: 30-12-4
- First Meeting: 1968; Rhode Island won 4-1.
- Last Meeting: Sept. 19, 2018; URI defeated PC, 3-0 in Providence, R.I.
- Current Streak: Rhode Island, one win.
- Providence's last win: Sept. 2, 2017 (2-1, OT) in Kingston, R.I.
- Of Note: The road team has been the victor in each of the last four games between the Rams and the Friars.
Scouting the Friars
- Providence enters the game with a 2-1 record.
- The Friars have defeated UMass Lowell (4-0) and Albany (1-0). Their lone loss was to New Hampshire (2-1).
- Trevor Davock leads the team with six points on two goals and two assists.
- UMass transfer Davis Smith enters the game with two assists and one goal scored. Smith was a Third-Team All-American as well as the 2017 Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year as a freshman for the Minutemen.
- Joao Serrano, Paulo Lima and Andualem Chisholm each have scored a goal this season.
- Austin Aviza has played all but 11:17 in goal for Providence thus far, allowing just two goals for a 0.70 goals against average.
- The Friars' back line has allowed opponents just 19 shots through three games, only eight of which have been on goal.