Rhode Island placed first in 12 out of 18 events on Tuesday at the Holy Cross Men's Meet. Competing schools included Worcester State, Holy Cross, Fitchburg State, and New Hampshire.
This was a non-scoring meet.
Highlights from the Track
- Rhody took the top seven in the 100 meters. Joseph Carter won in 10.80 seconds, while Justin Marsland was second (11.09s), Jeff Santos was a third (11.16s), Julian Thomson was fourth (11.18s), Joe Manetta finished fifth (11.20s), Harold Corniel sixth (11.28s), and Dimitri Pray seventh (11.37s).
- Carter also won the 200 meters in 22.01 seconds. Callan Davies was second (22.41s), Thomson was fourth (22.62s), and Marsland was fifth (22.66s) to round out the top five.
- Jordan Ross won the 400 meters in a time of 49.44 seconds. David Scheier placed second (50.13s) and Shawn Carlson was fifth (50.83s).
- Tyler Rubush placed third in the 800 meters in 1:56.31.
- Rhody took the 1-2-3 in the 1500 meters. Rock Fortna won in 3:59.94, while Nicholas Celico was second (4:03.04) and Timothy Slack finished third (4:06.15). Matthew Vinacco placed fifth in 4:08.85.
- Adam Franklin placed second in the 110 meter hurdles (14.45s) and Davies finished third (14.63s).
- Franklin won the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 52.48 seconds.
- Greg McManus won the javelin after throwing 60.44 meters. Sawyer Moe was second (59.02m) and Lucas Stage finished fourth (52.22m).
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Jordan Ross, Joseph Carter, Justin Marsland, and Julian Thomson won in 42.04 seconds.
- Quindel Wilson won the high jump after clearing 1.95 meters.
- Gregory Potter won the pole vault with a mark of 4.55 meters.
- Trevor Rooney placed second in the long jump (6.98m) and Garrett Robinson finished third (6.79m).
- Derek Jacobs won the shot put with a throw of 15.47 meters. Oliver Gunski was second (14.76m).
- Jacobs won the discus with a mark of 49.32 meters and Gunski finished third (44.09m).
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Shawn Carlson, Sam Coppola, Nicholas Fitch, and Dimitri Pray won in 3:23.91.
- Johnathan Buchanan placed third in the hammer with a throw of 54.50 meters. Abraham Salako finished fifth (52.04m).
The Rams travel to compete at the Penn Relays on Friday, April 26 at 9:00 a.m. at Franklin Field.