Melendez, Wallack, Cloutier, Thomas, Gaspar
Boston University Starters:
Sims, Agboola, Alford, Turner, Moran
Points: Tabakman (9)
Rebounds: Tabakman (15)
Assists: Cloutier (2), Melendez (2), Wallack (2)
Steals: Melendez (3)
Blocked Shots: Tabakman (3)
Minutes Played: Melendez (39)
Boston University Leaders:
Points: Alford (17)
Rebounds: Agboola (14)
Assists: Moran (8)
Steals: Moran (4)
Blocked Shots: Turner (4)
Minutes Played: Agboola (22)
Inside the Box Score:
- With the loss, Rhody drops to 2-4 while Boston University improves to 4-3.
- The Rams shot a season-low 18.9% (10-53) from the field. Rhody managed just nine points on 4-of-35 (11.4%) shooting in the first half.
- Rhode Island also connected on a season-low 41.2% of its free throw attempts, hitting just 7-of-17 attempts from the foul line.
- Boston University took a 22-9 lead into halftime, despite missing their first seven attempts from the field and not making a basket over the game's opening 6:38.
- Freshman Samantha Tabakman recorded a game- and career-high 15 rebounds. She also added nine points, three blocks and one steal.
- URI's freshmen accounted for 30 of the team's 39 rebounds (Tabakman-15, Johnson-5, Thomas-5, Melendez-3, Bullard-2) and 17 of the team's 29 points (Tabakman-9, Johnson-4, Melendez-4).
- Junior Emilie Cloutier added six points, two rebounds, two assists and a steal.
- Boston University connected on 22-of-56 (39.3%) of their attempts from the field and held a 46-39 rebounding advantage.
- The Terriers also scored 19 points off of URI's 14 turnovers.
- Chantell Alford registered a game-high 17 points for BU. Rashidat Agboola led the team with 14 rebounds while Mo Moran recorded a game-high eight assists and four steals.
Rhody will now travel to Burlington, Vt. for the University of Vermont's TD Bank Classic. There, URI will face Drexel on Nov. 30 and Houston Baptist on Dec. 1. Rhody is 2-0 all time vs. Drexel, last defeating the Dragons, 77-49, on Dec. 28, 1993. The URI/HBU matchup will be the first ever between the Rams and Huskies.