Melendez, Whittaker, Thomas, Gaspar, Tabakman
Roberts, Rule, Baldwin, Iisola, Harris
Points: Melendez (19)
Rebounds: Gaspar (9)
Assists: Gaspar, Bullard (2)
Steals: Melendez, Cloutier, Boone (1)
Blocked Shots: Melendez (2)
Minutes Played: Melendez (33)
Points: Rule (16)
Rebounds: Harris (8)
Assists: Roberts (3)
Steals: Roberts (5)
Blocked Shots: Baldwin (2)
Minutes Played: Iiskola (39)
Inside the Box Score:
- With the loss, Rhode Island drops to 5-7 while Providence improves to 3-8.
- Rhode Island struggled in the first half, shooting just 25.9% (7-27) from the field with no player netting more than one basket. The Rams also connected on just 3-of-8 attempts from the line while PC held a 27-18 rebounding advantage over the opening 20 minutes.
- Overall, Rhody finished 13-of-19 from the line an 17-of-57 (29.8%) from the field. Providence meanwhile, shot 41.5% (27-65) and connected on 21-of-24 free throw attempts.
- The Friars held a 44-43 edge in rebounding as well as an 11-3 advantage is steals.
- Providence also committed just six turnovers on the afternoon, while scoring 25 points off of URI's 19.
- Rhode Island connected on a season-high five three-pointers. Tayra Melendez was 3-of-3 from long range and Ajanae Boone was 2-of-4.
- Melendez led all scorers with a career-best 19 points - 16 of which came in the second half. She also blocked two shots and added six rebounds.
- Lara Gaspar was the game's top rebounder, finishing with nine boards and a pair of assists.
- Five different players scored in double figures for Providence: Tori Rule (16), Symone Roberts (14), Alexis Harris (14), Evi Iiskola (11) and Brianna Edwards (10).
The Rams return to action after the holiday break when they travel to NJIT for a Dec. 30 meeting with the Highlanders.