Game Notes - PDF
Rhode Island: 9-9, 3-3 A-10
Massachusetts: 6-12, 0-6 A-10
Location: Mullins Center – Amherst, Mass.
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 27
Tip-off Time: 12 p.m.
Stats: Click Here
Stream: Click Here
RHODE ISLAND VS. MASSACHUSETTS - ALL-TIME SERIES
- Rhode Island and Massachusetts are meeting for the 75th time overall. Massachusetts leads the series, 41-33.
- Rhode Island has played Massachusetts more times than any other opponent in program history.
- The series dates back to Feb. 20, 1976, a 87-65 UMass victory. The teams have played each other at least once every season since.
- The teams split a pair of games last season. Rhode Island won 70-58 on Feb. 4, while Massachusetts won the regular-season finale, 78-70 on March 1.
- Rhode Island has won three of the last five meetings.
- Rhode Island has scored 70 or more points in each of its last three games.
- In the first 15 games of the season, the Rams topped 70 points just once.
- During the three-game span, Rhody is shooting .444 from the floor, .433 from 3-point range and .738 at the free throw line.
- In the first 15 games, Rhode Island shot .375 from the floor, .287 from 3-point range and .647 at the free throw line.
- The bench has averaged 17.0 points per game during the last three contests after averaging 13.5 in the first 15 games.
WILSON PILING UP THE POINTS
- Sophomore guard Charise Wilson has been on a scoring tear of late, scoring 20 or points three times in her last four games.
- Wilson now has four 20+ scoring efforts this season, and 12 for her career.
- She has scored in double digits in 17 out of 18 games this season.
- Wilson is averaging 16.1 points per game, which is fourth best in the Atlantic 10.
- For her career, Wilson has now scored 10 or more points 43 times in 48 games.
- She is eighth in the A-10 with 3.7 assists per game.Wilson has made 49 3-point baskets, which is the third most in the conference and 33rd in the country.
- She is second the A-10 with 2.72 makes from the arc per game, which ranks 33rd nationally.
- Wilson needs 17 more 3-pointers to tie Rhode Island's single-season mark of 66 set by Lindsey O'Neil in 2000-01.
- With 111 3-pointers, she is tied for seventh in team history with Tasha King (1993-97).
BAND OF THIEVES
- The Rams average 9.3 steals per game, which leads the Atlantic 10 and is 76th nationally.
- Charise Wilson is second in the Atlantic 10 in steals per game (2.17) and is third in total steals (39).
- Dominique Ward is fifth in the A-10 with 2.0 steals per game.
- Rhode Island has had 10 or more steals 10 times this season.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Rhode Island is averaging 6.7 3-point baskets per game, which ranks second in the conference and 72nd in the country. Last season, the Rams made 5.0 3-pointers per game.
- The Rams have made 121 3-point shots this season, tied for the sixth most in a season in program history. Rhode Island's team record for one season is 152, done in 2007-08.
- Rhode Island is 6-1 when it attempts more free throws than the opposition.
- The Rams are 7-2 when leading at halftime of games. They are 2-7 when trailing at the break.
- Senior Symone Bullard is averaging 8.4 points off the bench per game.