Game Notes - PDF
Rhode Island: 10-10, 4-4 A-10
La Salle: 3-18, 0-8 A-10
Location: Ryan Center – Kingston, R.I.
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 3
Tip-off Time: 7 p.m.
Stats: Click Here
Stream: Click Here
RHODE ISLAND VS. LA SALLE - ALL-TIME SERIES
- La Salle leads the all-time series, 24-5.
- Rhode Island has won three of the last four games against the Explorers, including a 72-61 victory at La Salle on Jan. 16. Charise Wilson had a game-high 21 points while Samantha Tabakman added 12 points and nine rebounds in the last meeting.
- The Rams defeated La Salle in the Explorers' last visit to the Ryan Center last January. Before that, the Explorers had won in their first 12 visits to Kingston.
- In five of the last eight meetings between the schools, neither team has scored more than 55 points.
- La Salle comes into Saturday on a nine-game losing streak. Rhode Island is 3-1 in its last four league contests.
BAND OF THIEVES
- The Rams average 9.1 steals per game, which leads the Atlantic 10 and is 88th nationally.
- Charise Wilson is second in the A-10 in steals per game (2.25) and is third in total steals (45).
- Dominique Ward is sixth in the A-10 with 1.95 steals per game.
- URI has had 10 or more steals 10 times this season.
TABAKMAN LEADING A-10 IN SHOOTING
- Samantha Tabakman leads the Atlantic 10 and is 19th in the country in shooting percentage at .562.
- She is on pace to set Rhode Island's single-season shooting percentage record, currently .543 by Michele Washington in 1984-85.
- Tabakman is fifth in the league and 97th in the country in blocked shots (33).
- Against No. 25 Duquesne on Jan. 13, she scored a career-high 30 points.
- She averages 3.4 offensive boards per game, third best in the league.
- Tabakman is sixth in the A-10 with 8.3 rebounds per game.
- She is fourth in Ram history with 119 blocked shots.
- She has scored in double digits 16 times in 20 games this season.
- With 569 career rebounds, she needs 25 more to crack the top 10 in program history.
MELENDEZ, TABAKMAN AND WILSON ALL TAKING AIM AT 1,000 POINTS
- With eight games left in the regular season, Rhode Island has three players within striking distance of 1,000 career points.
- Senior Tayra Melendez has 948 career points and needs 52 more to reach the mark.
- Fellow senior Samantha Tabakman has 866 and needs 134 to get to 1,000.
- Sophomore Charise Wilson has an outside shot to reach 1,000 this year. She has 817 and needs 183 to get there.
- There are 19 members of the 1,000-point club in program history.
- The last woman to reach the milestone was Megan Shoniker, who scored 1,318 points from 2007-11.
MELENDEZ PROVIDING LEADERSHIP FOR RAMS
- Senior Tayra Melendez is Rhode Island's active leader in points (948), assists (182), steals (134) and blocked shots (144).
- She tied the program record for blocked shots in a game with six at Boston University Dec. 9.
- She is second on the team in career rebounds (553).
- Melendez needs 52 points and six blocked shots to join Naomi Graves as the only players in URI history to record 1,000 points, 500 rebounds and 150 blocked shots.
- At La Salle on Jan. 16, Melendez became the sixth woman in team history with 3,000 minutes played.
- With 553 career rebounds, Melendez needs 41 more to crack the program's top 10 list.