Game Notes - PDF
Rhode Island: 11-11, 5-5 A-10
Duquesne: 21-2, 9-1 A-10
Location: Palumbo Center – Pittsburgh, Pa.
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 10
Tip-off Time: 7 p.m.
Stats: Click Here
Stream: Click Here
RHODE ISLAND VS. DUQUESNE - ALL-TIME SERIES
- Wednesday's game will be the 51st meeting overall and second this season with Duquesne. The Dukes lead the all-time series, 30-20.
- The teams are very familiar with each other, as this will be the eighth meeting in the last three seasons.
- Earlier this season Duquesne won at Rhode Island, 79-70, behind 29 points from April Robinson and 21 from Amadea Szamosi. Samantha Tabakman had a career-high 30 points to go with 10 rebounds for Rhode Island.
- Rhody's last victory in the series came at home Jan. 3, 2015, when the Rams rallied from a 16-point second half deficit to beat the Dukes 62-61.
- The Rams are 9-15 all time at the Palumbo Center, including four straight losses.
- The last win in Pittsburgh for Rhode Island came on Jan. 12, 2007 in a 74-57 victory.
BAND OF THIEVES
- The Rams average 9.0 steals per game, which leads the Atlantic 10 and is 85th nationally.
- Charise Wilson is second in the A-10 in steals per game (2.14) and is second in total steals (47).
- Dominique Ward is third in the A-10 with 2.09 steals per game and fourth with 46 total steals.
- URI has had 10 or more steals 11 times this season.
WILSON PILING UP THE POINTS
- Sophomore guard Charise Wilson has scored in double digits 21 times this season, including five games with 20 or more points.
- Wilson now has 12 20+ scoring efforts for her career.
- In Atlantic 10 play, Wilson is averaging 17.8 points per game, and she has 15 or more points in eight of 10 league contests.
- Wilson is second best in the league only to La Salle's Amy Griffin (19.8).
- For her career, Wilson has now scored 10 or more points 47 times in 52 games.
- She is ninth in the A-10 with 3.8 assists per game.
- Wilson has made 57 3-point baskets, which is the third most in the conference and 48th in the country. She is second in the A-10 with 2.59 makes from the arc per game, which ranks 41st nationally.
- Wilson needs nine more 3-pointers to tie Rhode Island's single-season mark of 66 set by Lindsey O'Neil in 2000-01.
- With 119 3-pointers, she is sixth in team history.
MELENDEZ, TABAKMAN AND WILSON ALL TAKING AIM AT 1,000 POINTS
- With six games left in the regular season, Rhode Island has three players within striking distance of 1,000 career points.
- Senior Tayra Melendez has 953 career points and needs 47 more to reach the mark.
- Fellow senior Samantha Tabakman has 897 and needs 103 to get to 1,000.
- Sophomore Charise Wilson has an outside shot to reach 1,000 this year. She has 846 and needs 154 to get there.
- There are 19 members of the 1,000-point club in program history. The last woman to reach the milestone was Megan Shoniker, who scored 1,318 points from 2007-11.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Senior Symone Bullard scored her 500th career point in Rhode Island's win over La Salle on Feb. 3.
- Rhode Island is averaging 6.6 3-point baskets per game, which ranks second in the conference and 71st in the country. Last season, the Rams made 5.0 3-pointers per game.
- The Rams have made 10 or more 3-point shots in three games this season, including a program record 13 against Davidson on Jan. 23.
- The Rams have made 146 3-point shots this season, the third most in a season in program history. Rhode Island's team record for one season is 152, done in 2007-08.
- Rhode Island has 100 blocked shots this season and is averaging 4.5 blocks per game. The 100 blocks are the sixth highest single-season total in program history.
- This is the third straight season Rhode Island has blocked at least 100 shots.
- Rhode Island is 8-1 when it attempts more free throws than the opposition.
- The Rams are 9-2 when leading at halftime of games. They are 2-9 when trailing at the break.
- Rhode Island is 3-3 in Saturday games.