Game Notes - PDF
Rhode Island: 11-12, 5-6 A-10
George Mason: 10-15, 5-7 A-10
Location: Ryan Center – Kingston, R.I.
Date: Saturday, Feb. 13
Tip-off Time: 2 p.m.
Stats: Click Here
Stream: Click Here
RHODE ISLAND VS. GEORGE MASON - ALL-TIME SERIES
- Saturday's game will be the third meeting between Rhode Island and George Mason since the Patriots joined the Atlantic 10 two seasons ago.
- Rhody won both previous meetings in the series, beating George Mason in Virgnia last season, 57-45, and taking a 59-40 win in the Patriots' only visit to Kingston during the 2013-14 season.
- With five games left in the regular season, Rhody is a half game ahead of the Patriots in the A-10 standings.
- Saturday's game will be the annual Pink Out game for cancer awareness.
BANKER FINDING HER SHOOTING TOUCH
- Redshirt junior Kallie Banker had her best game of the season Wednesday at Duquesne.
- She was 4-for-6 from the floor, including 3-for-5 from beyond the arc.
- Over her last two games, Banker is 5-for-11 from 3-point range.
- Over the last seven games, she is 12-for-26 from deep.
- In the first 16 games of the season, Banker was 14-for-60.
- Overall Banker is shooting .444 from the floor over her last eight games.
TABAKMAN LEADING A-10 IN SHOOTING
- Samantha Tabakman leads the Atlantic 10 and is 29th in the country in shooting percentage at .553.
- Tabakman is averaging 14.7 points per game in conference play, which ranks fifth in the league.
- She also is ninth with 7.0 rebounds per game in conference play.
- She is on pace to set Rhode Island's single-season shooting percentage record, currently .543 by Michele Washington in 1984-85.
- She is third in Ram history with 123 blocked shots.
- She has scored in double digits 18 times this season.
- With 591 career rebounds, she needs three more to crack the top 10 in program history.
MELENDEZ, TABAKMAN AND WILSON ALL TAKING AIM AT 1,000 POINTS
- With five games left in the regular season, Rhode Island has three players within striking distance of 1,000 career points.
- Senior Tayra Melendez has 961 career points and needs 39 more to reach the mark.
- Fellow senior Samantha Tabakman has 910 and needs 90 to get to 1,000.
- Sophomore Charise Wilson has an outside shot to reach 1,000 this year. She has 857 and needs 143 to get there.
- There are 19 members of the 1,000-point club in program history. The last woman to reach the milestone was Megan Shoniker, who scored 1,318 points from 2007-11.
ODDS AND ENDS
- The Rams have made 10 or more 3-point shots in three games this season, including a program record 13 against Davidson on Jan. 23.
- The Rams have made a program record 153 3-point shots this season. Rhode Island's previous team record for one season was 152, done in 2007-08.
- Rhode Island has 103 blocked shots this season and is averaging 4.5 blocks per game. The 103 blocks are the sixth highest single-season total in program history. This is the third straight season Rhode Island has blocked at least 100 shots.
- Rhode Island is 8-1 when it attempts more free throws than the opposition.
- The Rams are 9-2 when leading at halftime of games. They are 2-9 when trailing at the break.
- Rhode Island is 6-1 in Saturday games.