Game Notes - PDF
Rhode Island: 11-14, 5-8 A-10
Saint Joseph's: 11-14, 5-8 A-10
Location: Haggan Arena – Philadelphia, Pa.
Date: Saturday, Feb. 20
Tip-off Time: 2 p.m.
Stats: Click Here
Stream: Click Here
RHODE ISLAND VS. SAINT JOSEPH'S - ALL-TIME SERIES
- Saturday's game will be the 59th meeting between Rhode Island and Saint Joseph's in a series that dates back to 1984.
- Saint Joseph's has a 51-7 advantage in the series.
- Rhode Island won last year's meeting, beating the Hawks 63-61 in overtime.
- Before that, Saint Joseph's had won 10 straight in the series.
- Rhode Island is 3-25 when playing the Hawks in Philadelphia. Rhody's last win there came in 2004.
BAND OF THIEVES
- The Rams average 8.9 steals per game, which leads the Atlantic 10 and is 91st nationally.
- Charise Wilson leads the A-10 in steals per game (2.40) and is second in total steals (60).
- Wilson had six steals against VCU on Feb. 17, marking her second time this season and fourth time in her career with six steals in one game.
- Dominique Ward is fifth in the A-10 with 2.00 steals per game and 50 total steals.
- URI has had 10 or more steals 11 times this season.
WILSON SETS SINGLE-SEASON 3-POINT RECORD
- Charise Wilson made two 3-pointers against VCU on Feb. 17 and now has 67 treys this season.
- She broke URI's previous record of 66 by Lindsey O'Neil, set during the 2000-01 season.
- With 67 3-point baskets, Wilson is is second in the conference and 25th in the country.
- She is second in the A-10 with 2.68 makes per game, which ranks 28th nationally.
- She made a career-high six 3-pointers against George Mason on Feb. 13.
- With 129 3-pointers, she is fourth in URI history.
MELENDEZ, TABAKMAN AND WILSON ALL TAKING AIM AT 1,000 POINTS
- With three games left in the regular season, Rhode Island has three players within striking distance of 1,000 career points.
- Senior Tayra Melendez has 970 career points and needs 30 more to reach the mark.
- Fellow senior Samantha Tabakman has 933 and needs 67 to get to 1,000.
- Sophomore Charise Wilson has an outside shot to reach 1,000 this year. She has 899 and needs 101 to get there.
- There are 19 members of the 1,000-point club in program history.
- The last woman to reach the milestone was Megan Shoniker, who scored 1,318 points from 2007-11.