Game Notes - PDF
Rhode Island: 11-16, 5-10 A-10
Saint Louis: 22-6, 12-3 A-10
Location: Chaifetz Arena – Saint Louis, Mo.
Date: Saturday, Feb. 27
Tip-off Time: 2 p.m.
Stream: Click Here
RHODE ISLAND VS. SAINT LOUIS - ALL-TIME SERIES
- Saturday's game will be the 12th meeting between Rhode Island and Saint Louis in a series that dates back to 2006.
- Saint Louis has an 8-3 advantage in the series, though Rhody won last season's meeting, 68-53.
- Rhode Island is 1-4 when playing at Saint Louis.
- The Rams are trying to snap a six game losing streak, while Saint Louis has won its last four contests.
RAMS FIGHTING FOR PLAYOFF POSITIONING
- Entering the final weekend of the season, Rhode Island's seeding in the Atlantic 10 Championship will be determined by Saturday's results.
- Currently in a three-way tie for 10th place in the league standings, the Rams can still finish as high as ninth or as low as 13th.
- Teams finishing 11th through 14th in the final standings will play on the first day of the Atlantic 10 Championship next Wednesday.
- Teams finishing anywhere from fifth place through 10th place are off until Thursday.
- Sophomore guard Charise Wilson has scored in double digits 26 times this season, including seven games with 20 or more points.
- She had a season-high 30 points against George Mason Feb. 13.
- Wilson has 15 20+ scoring efforts for her career.
- In Atlantic 10 play, Wilson is averaging 17.9 points per game, and she has 15 or more points in 11 of 15 league contests.
- Wilson is second best in the league only to La Salle's Amy Griffin (18.7). Overall, Wilson is averaging 16.8 points per game, which is second best in the A-10 and 88th nationally.
- For her career, Wilson has now scored 10 or more points 52 times in 57 games.
MELENDEZ, TABAKMAN AND WILSON ALL TAKING AIM AT 1,000 POINTS
- With one game left in the regular season, Rhode Island has three players within striking distance of 1,000 career points.
- Senior Tayra Melendez has 992 career points and needs eight more to reach the mark.
- Fellow senior Samantha Tabakman has 956 and needs 44 to get to 1,000.
- Sophomore Charise Wilson has an outside shot to reach 1,000 this year. She has 937 and needs 63 to get there.
- There are 19 members of the 1,000-point club in program history. The last woman to reach the milestone was Megan Shoniker, who scored 1,318 points from 2007-11.
- Senior Tayra Melendez needs eight points to join Naomi Graves as the only players in URI history to record 1,000 points, 500 rebounds and 150 blocked shots.
- With 586 career rebounds, Melendez needs 14 more to be the 11th player in team history to reach 600.
- Samantha Tabakman leads the Atlantic 10 and is 23rd in the country in shooting percentage at .564.
- Rhode Island is averaging 6.8 3-point baskets per game, which ranks second in the conference and 60th in the country. Last season, the Rams made 5.0 3-pointers per game.
- The Rams have made a program record 183 3-point shots this season. Rhode Island's previous team record for one season was 152, done in 2007-08.
- Rhode Island is 8-1 when it attempts more free throws than the opposition.