Dec 07, 2018
RHODE ISLAND VS. CLEMSON - SERIES NOTES
- Saturday's game will be the first ever meeting between Rhode Island and Clemson.
- The Tigers have struggled in the past when facing Atlantic 10 opponents, posting a 7-12 overall record.
- The last time Clemson played an Atlantic 10 foe, the Tigers came up short to then A-10 member Charlotte, 57-64, on Jan. 4, 2010.
- Clemson enters the game 6-3, most recently defeating High Point 83-64. Five Tigers were able to score in double-figures in the fifth straight victory.
STREETER FOR THREE
- Rhode Island sophomore Abby Streeter had a breakout performance in the win against Brown, hitting a career-high 20 points to lead the Rams to their first-ever Ocean State Tip-Off Tournament Championship.
- The Nashua, N.H. native went 6-of-7 from three point range, and is second in the Atlantic 10 in 3-point percentage with 52.9%.
COLOME CONTINUES TO LEAD
- Rhode Island redshirt junior Elemy Colome is the current leading scorer for the Rams, averaging 15.1 points.
- Colome is third in the Atlantic 10 in points per game, behind Fordham's Bre Cavanaugh (19.1) and George Mason's Nicole Cardano-Hillary (19.8).
- The Lawrence, Mass. native has scored in double-digits in all but two games this season.
- She was the leading scorer for Rhody in back-to-back contests, scoring 18 at Robert Morris and 19 against Boston College.
- In the Rams 46-41 win at Robert Morris (11/13), Colome scored 10 of Rhody's 12 points down the stretch to seal the victory.
- She had eight points to go with a career-high nine rebounds in the win at Vermont (11/18).
- The Rams earned consecutive road wins at Robert Morris and Vermont for the first time since early in the 2016-17 season and Colome was named to the Atlantic 10 weekly honor roll for her efforts.